Carling

Status
Not open for further replies.
when they are all "super" chilled most the flavouring is masked.

it would be interesting to do some proper blind tests on people who reckon they can tell..

no doubt some will be able to but be plenty whose taste buds are shot that wouldn't have a clue

Fosters and Carling I'd struggle with but Carlsberg I could tell

the only two I reckon I could distinctly tell are Stella and Bud.

cant stand either. Bud extremely sweet and stands out like a sore thumb.

something about Stella just catches in my throat.

having said that I will drink them under duress if nowt else available

it would be interesting to do some proper blind tests on people who reckon they can tell..

no doubt some will be able to but be plenty whose taste buds are shot that wouldn't have a clue

Carsberg is a different level of shite to Carling, Foster and Coors mind.

.. I can tell no probs, Forsters tastes a little sweeter for me. Prefer Carling, but Fosters is canny enough, and after the first couple it doesn't matter. Carlsberg is less gassy than it used to be, but would never pay the same price for it as I do for Carling or Fosters .. Cheep Vodka's my drink of choice now. It all tastes the same after you've had a couple ..

I could tell the difference. Fosters is easily the sweetest, and Carlsberg has a roughness about it those two don't. I'd know the Carling as it'd not be sweet or rough rather than recognising anything distinctive about it itself.

They're all shite like.

I could absolutely 100% tell you when I'm drinking Carlsberg it is f***ing rotten

The 3.8% stuff is comfortably the worst mainstream lager I reckon. Export is alright though but I barely seem to see it these days unless I'm just not taking much notice.

Premier is too nice for its own good and gets you polatic

Drink it when there's nowt else available. Usually end up drinking it in the club, as their selection is Fosters, Carling, Stones, John Smiths and Guinness.

Most people who like Carling have probably only ever tried Fosters, Carling, Woodpecker and Stella. Maybe San Miguel on holiday.
I can't understand why people would say they love it. It's bland, weak rubbish.
bland weak rubbish just like you're crack

Last edited:
Would be surprised if many people could suss the difference between an Amstel and Carling in a blind-taste test like.
Very very easy

One is rotten and one is a nice pint.

There is a lot of taste difference in different lagers.. people who say they all taste the same are clueless

We done a blind taste test on 8 lagers, there was 8 of us! The results were surprising! The lad who claimed to hate red stripe rated it 1st, the overall top rated was a wild card, them little tit bottles from asda

just a standard lager. if you put your carlsbergs, fosters, carlings all chilled down in identical galsses people would struggle to identify.

I've worked in pubs where we have accidently connected wrong barrel to a pump and no one has been any the wiser.

drink with your eyes on what comes out the pump or what glass it is served in.

as a side note my local has just ditched Peroni. was way too expensive for them to buy in. on the plus side they have replaced it with Moretti

tbh.. I don't know the last time I saw Carling on Draft down here

Peroni is one of the biggest cons going like. Pay close to a fiver in most bars and is it bollocks worth it.

We done a blind taste test on 8 lagers, there was 8 of us! The results were surprising! The lad who claimed to hate red stripe rated it 1st, the overall top rated was a wild card, them little tit bottles from asda

They've definitely altered Red Stripe since the early 90s mind.

Peroni is one of the biggest cons going like. Pay close to a fiver in most bars and is it bollocks worth it.

It's tasteless and too fizzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back