Carling lager weaker than advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never did a case involving a WMC only pubs, so your story isn't that relevant.

Exactly.
As I said in my earlier post, this was thirty plus years ago - barrels may have changed since then. However, back then the fitting at the top of the barrel, where you connected the beer line and the gas, could be unscrewed if you had the correct tool. Then in would go the water - exactly the same way as the beer/lager would go in in the brewery.

Not sure how often it happens these days but back in the 70s and 80s it was not unknown - especially in WMCs.

Ok, must be different for bigger companies, were a microbrewery and pay same rates up to 4.9% then it increases at 5%, hence our strongest ale being 4.3.
Don't think so mate. There is a step when the rate changes, but iirc it goes down not up.

Small micros do get a 50% discount though. But everyone pays on exactly how much alcohol is in the beer

I cannot believe there is a thread where people are arguing over the pissyness of Carling.

It's well know that it's a shit cooking lager only suitable for taking to barbecues so you don't feel crap drinking the hosts Stella.
It's not a question of it being a good beer, it's about a massive company lying to people.

Don't think so mate. There is a step when the rate changes, but iirc it goes down not up.

Small micros do get a 50% discount though. But everyone pays on exactly how much alcohol is in the beer

It's not a question of it being a good beer, it's about a massive company lying to people.
Happens all the time.

We are constantly being lied to

Reactions: PTR
As I said in my earlier post, this was thirty plus years ago - barrels may have changed since then. However, back then the fitting at the top of the barrel, where you connected the beer line and the gas, could be unscrewed if you had the correct tool. Then in would go the water - exactly the same way as the beer/lager would go in in the brewery.

Not sure how often it happens these days but back in the 70s and 80s it was not unknown - especially in WMCs.
I've been in the Ivy and a few lads I know came in because the Chesters had run out of gas. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back