Carl Winchester

Because they already play at a higher level, or they are crap at actually playing football. See Usain Bolt.

The SMB loves to think it's easy to sign players with loads of desirable attributes like no one else wants to sign them as well.
Yes, there are all sorts of impediments not least the salary cap. The way some people were behaving you would think KLD was going to oversee a Galacticos recruitment strategy.

No one's written him off though. Being critical of a signing isn't writing someone off.
Some definitely have! But even so being critical of a signing based on where they’ve signed from is a bit short sighted IMO. Like I say he could be shite and he could be good. He deserves as much chance as any other player we sign to prove himself regardless of where he’s from

I'd say someone like Wilks would be an absolute handful though and push teams back, and he is young enough to improve other aspects of his game. He is just an example. Players who are rough around the edges but have raw attributes. We just seemingly sign the same type, I dont think the problem in our squad has been any one player, its just that they are all so similar. Its been the issue since Jack Ross.
Wilks has been crap every time he has played against us for Doncaster and Hull. In my opinion. Wouldn't want him. Does nothing Gooch or Diamond can't do. In my opinion.

Wilks has been crap every time he has played against us for Doncaster and Hull. In my opinion. Wouldn't want him. Does nothing Gooch or Diamond can't do. In my opinion.

He's just an example man ffs :lol:

By the way he has 7 goals in 18 games, so kind of proves that point totally wrong.

He's just an example man ffs :lol:

By the way he has 7 goals in 18 games, so kind of proves that point totally wrong.
Charlie Wyke has seven goals this season, but is by common agreement awful.

And the fact you are struggling to name suitable players kind of proves my point, they are a rarity and hard to sign.

Charlie Wyke has seven goals this season, but is by common agreement awful.

And the fact you are struggling to name suitable players kind of proves my point, they are a rarity and hard to sign.

You said he hasnt done anything Gooch n diamind couldnt do

they couldnt score 7 goals in 18 games :lol:

I;m not a f***ing football scout mate, its not my job to trawl the lower leagues spotting players. But to say we dont need pace is baffling.

I;m not a f***ing football scout mate, its not my job to trawl the lower leagues spotting players. But to say we dont need pace is baffling.
Haha, I've never said that though!

Think it's best we stop this back and forth. Enjoy your evening.

gooch had 7 goals in 18 starts at the start of last season ;)

So you think Diamond could score 7 goals in 18 games?
Diamond probably not to be fair, but he plays a different role to Wilks and also too early to say for sure. I was comparing more in terms of pace, probably my bad that.

Gooch hat trick tomorrow to prove me right 🤩

I think to say you cant get players as good as we have but bigger and quicker, is disingenuous.

They do exist, and have played and been promoted with teams in this league many times.

My point is, nothing against winchester, but he doesnt fix any of our weaknesses

is he going to be head and shoulders above Power and Scowen? I'd say thats unlikely.

If he is just like 1% better, then for me thats still not good enough as the team still has the same weaknesses.

The problem is signing them. Name a few to yourself, and ask the question, "why would _____ come here now for £1.7kpw?"

It's no surprise that our only signing so far is from L2. There's a reason for it. Welcome to the wage cap world.

We can only flex muscles financially on untried kids.

He’s decent at right back where he isn’t required to play on the half turn or make things happen. He’s doing a very good job there.

Completely absent when he played in central midfield though; risk averse, uninfluential, shouldn’t have been played there before Neil last season.

He’s decent at right back where he isn’t required to play on the half turn or make things happen. He’s doing a very good job there.

Completely absent when he played in central midfield though; risk averse, uninfluential, shouldn’t have been played there before Neil last season.
Alongside Power, Scowen and Leadbitter, he's good but he's no miracle worker

Back