Carillion sells contracts.

careful or she'll get the five 0 to raid your house and take yer laptop away if you diss her or mummy's boy Miles. according to Len that is
Ha two whale omelettes together. There seems to be a bit shit sticking to the council atm, can't see it making any difference in the polls though.

The board and auditors getting a kicking, but unsurprisingly contemptuous of the committees findings.

Bosses 'drove Carillion off a cliff'

Quite damning, but they will all just slip off the hook and get away with it. Both the bosses and the accountancy firms. No bugger will cop it. Reopen the clink and stick them all in there. Meanwhile the taxpayer picks up the bill. I hope a lesson is learned, but I doubt it.
Interserve still on a sticky wicket too.

Thatchers legacy at its best.

Quite damning, but they will all just slip off the hook and get away with it. Both the bosses and the accountancy firms. No bugger will cop it. Reopen the clink and stick them all in there. Meanwhile the taxpayer picks up the bill. I hope a lesson is learned, but I doubt it.

The board will all be employed by someone else soon enough, they have lots of experience in legalised theft now.

Yep. Nothing changes.

Very damning of the audit firms there. What is the f***ing point of audits when they'll just let the big stuff pass leading to this but haul you over the coals for little indiscrepancies. Too many big firms cosy with each other and the upper echelons of government.

Yep. Nothing changes.

Very damning of the audit firms there. What is the f***ing point of audits when they'll just let the big stuff pass leading to this but haul you over the coals for little indiscrepancies. Too many big firms cosy with each other and the upper echelons of government.

Biggest is not always best, and with the big 4 being the size they are it must be difficult for them to maintain standards. Not defending them at all, but I think there comes a time when the monster gets out of control and nobody can control it.

Yep. Nothing changes.

I used to work for a company that got dragged over the coals by auditors working for the ERDF for spending £2.50 a week on the Journal. The paper wasn't for us to read but for punters that came through the door (the business section in the middle in particular). This was out of a total fund of over £200k for 3 years. Got a bit of a slating for giving people money for a one-day travel ticket anarl, should have been giving them a more expensive weekly one (even if they didn't need a week's travel).

Biggest is not always best, and with the big 4 being the size they are it must be difficult for them to maintain standards. Not defending them at all, but I think there comes a time when the monster gets out of control and nobody can control it.
They’re talking about splitting the big 4 up. If this would help , god knows.

the big audit firms are a disgrace really , even where i work theres far too friendly a relationship with pwc , they entertain the FD etc , it should all be at arms length and it isnt

Back