Carillion sells contracts.

Likely losing money on them. Facilities contracts are very competitive with the likelihood too much has been taken out the contract bid price. If a contract is loss making then it is quite possible the loss on the whole contract life has to be provided for in the next financial year end, i.e. Account for future losses of x number of years left on the contract
Quite a few facilities companies are having these type of issues
Nice one. Just couldn't understand why a competitor would buy it. It overall they make money. Got it.

Rumour also has it that the construction arm is currently in receivership with an announcement due in January
I heard this but @Boris Bear said I was lying.

Shambles isn't it. They seem to think they can solve our airfield lighting problem by making it such a rigmarole to report we give up.

About time we took all this stuff back in house, if that's even possible these days.

They are shite mind.

They're solution to most problems seems to be to cover everything with big PVC sheets and silicone. Mould? Stick a sheet over it. Tiles coming off? Stick a sheet over it. Leak? Whack a load of silicone onto it. Big PVC sheet peeling off? Stick a PVC sheet over it.

They are very good at winning contracts and very little else.
Be our luck that carrillion go tits and we get serco to finish the offices at keel. Hope not like. Contrary to what people think of me I'd like to see the building done and dusted and full.

Carillion have always been a nightmare to work with, a slow red tape ridden machine. HS2 is a civils job until past 2020 , highways if anything more than rail.

Back