Careful what you wish for

Status
Not open for further replies.

We needed new blood but the fear is that this is simply Jack Ross 2.0 - dull defensive football by all accounts

Also, getting someone who doesn't have a good track record in the league above so why give him more than a year (or 18 month at most) deal
Hopefully we get promoted, get taken over and if we sack our latest new manager then it’ll cost relative peanuts to do so.

Would you rather have Ross or Parkinson?

I’m favouring Ross (never thought I’d say that).

Can’t help but feel sorry for Ross knowing how his replacement has gone.
Ross was going nowhere fast. Why on earth would you want him back? Performances at Lincoln and Peterborough were atrocious. Players were getting worse. Did you want him sacked at the time or did you think it was the wrong decision then?

We have no idea whether Parkinson will be the answer or not but either way Ross wasn't.

Parkinson. I just hope he is aware he will have to win every game.

That’s like having to decide wether you’d rather your asshole sewn together or your japs eye

I was pretty sure we wouldn't get promoted under Ross - he'd lost his way and self belief halfway through last year. It wasn't coming back. We may or may not get promoted under Parky but we weren't under Ross - I'm my view of course. Getting rid of Ross was the right decision at the right time. The decision on his replacement is a while off being proven as good or otherwise.

Parkinson by a country mile, he has experience and success at this level will have contacts and scouting networks a mile ahead of Ross, and even if PP has a poor style of play at least the fact we'd have one would be an improvement

We know JR was poor, nothing was changing.

Time will tell with Parky

Ross wasn't going to get us promoted, we are 5th best team last year and worse this year so parkinson does'nt have that much to to live up to.

I'm wondering what it was about Jack Ross's experience that meant people were willing to give him ago but not this guy?

It's not a sexy appointment but its probably what we need and as good as we could have got.

And Ross was never going to figure out how to turn draws into wins in time for us to be promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back