Careful what you wish for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you rather have Ross or Parkinson?

I’m favouring Ross (never thought I’d say that).

Can’t help but feel sorry for Ross knowing how his replacement has gone.
It was the right thing, imo, to get shot of ross. But we needed to get his replacement right. We needed to look at the players we have and get a manager that suited them. We needed to bring someone in who would move away from the negative, direct football ross played.

On that basis Parkinson was an horrendous appointment. But he was available and cheap. So he was a perfect fit for the owners. This strategy is failing and failing badly. We need parkinson into start getting results or I worry that next season could see crowds that roker park experienced in the dark days.

Why do people always say “see, told you so” because we’re doing worse under Parkinson?

Everybody wanted Ross sacked. Nobody wanted Parkinson as his replacement.
Exactly, people moaning about Parkinson, Ross had to go not just for the results but the people he brought to the club.
Not sure anyone thought it would be Parkinson, but he’s here now.

Why do people always say “see, told you so” because we’re doing worse under Parkinson?

Exactly it's like they want us to fail, I'd loved for Ross to have worked out but it's obviously wasn't going to.

Or there was those that thought it wasn't as simple as sack the manager, we have deep rooting problems. I'll say it now, sacking Ross wasn't the long term answer.

Last edited:
Or there was those that thought it wasn't as simple as sack the manager, we have deep rooting problems.

The timing of the sacking pissed me off right when there was news coming out about the takeover being off iirc? Then they said it was always planned that way. They’re taking us for mugs.

The timing of the sacking pissed me off right when there was news coming out about the takeover being off iirc? Then they said it was always planned that way. They’re taking us for mugs.
I’d love to know SD & CM thoughts on what you’ve just described there.

The timing of the sacking.

None of us wished for these cuntish owners, it was up to them to appoint a "better" manager.

Hate to say I told you so BUT...….
Not so much on the Ross sacking but his replacement and the same old same old being spouted by the club owners and management and the same old crap on the pitch:evil:

I didn't.

One of the things people forget or just ignored at the time was the excellent relationship Ross had built with the players. At the moment the whole squad looks dispirited and depressed. We have experienced the oppossite of a new manager bounce.

Tin hat on but I'm still glad we've got Parkinson rather than Ross. Wouldn't have been my choice but having listened to Methven on the podcast can see why they chose him and I'm still more confident of going up with him than I would have been under Ross

I didn't.

One of the things people forget or just ignored at the time was the excellent relationship Ross had built with the players. At the moment the whole squad looks dispirited and depressed. We have experienced the oppossite of a new manager bounce.

This is yet another illustration of the poor standard of professional we have at the club.
The dismissal of managers is a regular occurrence in football and one which shouldn’t affect a player to the extent that it demotivates them or dispirits them.

I agree the likes of McGeady, Maguire etc look like they’re completely uninterested- speaks volumes for their attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back