Cardio fitness warning from Apple Watch

I can’t lose weight easily, as I’ve mentioned many times on here. Been trying for about 10 years. Diet is pretty decent compared to most people. Yes I should pack in smoking but I don’t know what I’d fill that void with. Probably eating lol.
I stopped smoking 17 years ago, did it cold turkey n put money I would pend on tabs in a seperate account, focus’s the mind when it starts to mount up. Just think a pkt a day is about £300 a month and what you could do with that.

I stopped smoking 17 years ago, did it cold turkey n put money I would pend on tabs in a seperate account, focus’s the mind when it starts to mount up. Just think a pkt a day is about £300 a month and what you could do with that.
I only smoke like 2 a day 😂

I have loads of shite in the house cos the kids eat it and have no willpower to not join in. If there no biscuits I’ll have crisps. No crisps I’ll have a sarnie. No bread I’ll have cheese. There’s always summat. I’ve mentioned before though I don’t think the hours I keep help. Through the day I’m fine, small breakfast, light lunch, healthy tea with no snacks, but then it gets to about midnight and I’m hungry again.

I can’t though. I can do a calorie counting diet under 1500 per day for a week and lose like half a pound. Some people can lose 6 pound in that time. So it’s disheartening and you just think what’s the point?
It doesn’t sound like you have a healthier diet than most.

I bet I do. You only have to look at the canteen at work. Everyone is eating pies, crisps, curries, chocolate etc for their bait, and I’m eating soup.
It’s only the night time snacking that’s a problem.

I understand where you’re coming from. I always ate healthy stuff and was hovering around 16 stone. Couldn’t work out why. So I did a food diary and I was eating about 500 calories a day of random shite. Couple of breadsticks here, couple of slices of ham there.

We’ve never got crisps or biscuits or the typical “shite” in the house, but it’s true what they say about fridge pickers.

I am training an awful lot now, but I’m actually eating more in proper meals and I’ve dropped about a stone.

Sounds like you have the same body type as me (the one that puts on weight easily and finds it hard to shift), don’t listen to anyone who says you gain/lose the same as everyone because it’s factually incorrect.

If you are trying to shift weight, stick at it. And make sure you’re getting your steps in!

I bet I do. You only have to look at the canteen at work. Everyone is eating pies, crisps, curries, chocolate etc for their bait, and I’m eating soup.
It’s only the night time snacking that’s a problem.
Ready made soup? Full of salt. You need to be in calorie deficit to lose weight, and try to get macros right. Stop focusing on what’s happening in your canteen as the barometer to healthy eating. These things are easy to say I know, I’m also a greedy bastard who told myself that my diet wasn’t too bad, but the scales tell a different story. Time to be honest with yourself if are really wanting to make a change and focus on a heart healthy diet.

Ready made soup? Full of salt. You need to be in calorie deficit to lose weight, and try to get macros right. Stop focusing on what’s happening in your canteen as the barometer to healthy eating. These things are easy to say I know, I’m also a greedy bastard who told myself that my diet wasn’t too bad, but the scales tell a different story. Time to be honest with yourself if are really wanting to make a change and focus on a heart healthy diet.
100% this. people can kid themselves as much as they like but the waistline does not lie.

I haven't dieted for years but have radically altered the stuff I eat (or more the stuff I don't eat and drink)

Anybody else finds that your phone battery absolutely plummets when the watch is connected to it?

Any tips on how to not have my phone die after about 5 hours?

Would it be better connecting it via Bluetooth or cellular?

I understand where you’re coming from. I always ate healthy stuff and was hovering around 16 stone. Couldn’t work out why. So I did a food diary and I was eating about 500 calories a day of random shite. Couple of breadsticks here, couple of slices of ham there.

We’ve never got crisps or biscuits or the typical “shite” in the house, but it’s true what they say about fridge pickers.

I am training an awful lot now, but I’m actually eating more in proper meals and I’ve dropped about a stone.

Sounds like you have the same body type as me (the one that puts on weight easily and finds it hard to shift), don’t listen to anyone who says you gain/lose the same as everyone because it’s factually incorrect.

If you are trying to shift weight, stick at it. And make sure you’re getting your steps in!
I never get anywhere near my steps. Normally about 5k with no other form of exercise at the minute.

Same for me. 38 at 68 yo. I know it’s not accurate but I look at if it’s going up or maintained it’s better for me than if it falls.
You must get some steady cardio @Yahrba
Been laid up last 2-3 weeks with a knee and a virus ( never rains ..) but generally i was doing 20-30 mins 5x week , stationary bike or elliptical trainer , bpm 130s , odd interval session once a week maybe ( plus weights ).

Been laid up last 2-3 weeks with a knee and a virus ( never rains ..) but generally i was doing 20-30 mins 5x week , stationary bike or elliptical trainer , bpm 130s , odd interval session once a week maybe ( plus weights ).
Two 30+ mile bike rides per week for me. Most days the dog and I walk between 2 and 3 miles. Love the elliptical more than any other piece of equipment.

Two 30+ mile bike rides per week for me. Most days the dog and I walk between 2 and 3 miles. Love the elliptical more than any other piece of equipment.
Yeah i do , but i think it might be that thats doing my knee. I have slightly hyper flexible knees

Back