Car Warranty - Evans Halshaw's, or should I buy an independent?

PTR

Striker
Car is £11k, a ford, 6 years old, 30k miles.
Price for the 2 yr warranty is about £475 from the dealers.

Anyone know owt about this kind of stuff?

11k and 6 years old, what the fuck it it like. Vintage ford gt?
S-Max. Sadly.

I would never buy from a car dealer. Hope that helps.
Been on the lookout for 2 months for a private sale, but there's just fuck all available.
And Evans Halshaw at least move a car across the country for nowt*, which makes it easier.

You can shop around but cheap means crap normally, the devil is in the detail though.
Who is the warranty with?
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about.
And no idea who their warranty is actually with tbh.

:lol:
I’m guessing a Focus ST
I f***ing wish!

Last edited:
S-Max. Sadly.

Been on the lookout for 2 months for a private sale, but there's just fuck all available.
And Evans Halshaw at least move a car across the country for nowt*, which makes it easier.

I f***ing wish!
Worth finding out. That’s not a bad price however.

Looking at this I think it’s a pot they generate themselves.

So for every used car sold and a warranty applied, that cash goes into a central EH account that is used as and when something goes wrong.

Looks like it could be decent.

You can always purchase after you e bought but I’d recommend spending the money on a warranty.

Mechanical and breakdown guarantee

Worth finding out. That’s not a bad price however.
Looking at this I think it’s a pot they generate themselves.
So for every used car sold and a warranty applied, that cash goes into a central EH account that is used as and when something goes wrong.
Looks like it could be decent.
You can always purchase after you e bought but I’d recommend spending the money on a warranty.
Mechanical and breakdown guarantee
Thank you, really appreciate that.

A 4 year old, and twins on the way. Need something that can take 3 proper child seats, and room in the back for a double pram.

Buy a 2 or 3 year old Hyundai as they have 5 year warranties that transfer to used cars.
But don't have 3 proper seats in their back/middle row.

Six grand more though!
I've got about £5k's worth of Fiesta to trade in, so I'm spending about £6-7k. I did look at a 2015 model, but they are around the £15k range, and that's £10k in cash to spend, which I really don't fancy doing.

I guess, it'll be worth a hell of a lot more in 4 years time though. Pocket change to PTR I reckon. ;)
How will I afford my £8k disney holidays if I spend it all on cars for the wife??? ;)

Last edited:
S-Max. Sadly.

I f***ing wish!
A lot of warranties aren't really worth having ,by the time the small print kicks in,nothing is covered .Personally I don't I would bother . if the deal is okay I cant see who you buy it off mattering

Back