Car tax evasion triples after paper tax disc scrapped

How would the dvla do anything? Fine you as soon as it’s runs out?
The DVLA are meant to do enforcement /clamp / tow away untaxed cars.

I have reported untaxted cars on the roads, told them where it is parked every mi items of every day. Reported minimum weekly for about a year. They never came out once. Appalling.

I have reported untaxted cars on the roads, told them where it is parked every mi items of every day. Reported minimum weekly for about a year. They never came out once. Appalling.

Surely the police do that on their behalf? Or seemingly not.

Bet the neighbours love you on your street:lol:

because you cannot get plates made without a logbook.

need a logbook to go in a shop for a plate but can order off ebay without one. dont know how they get round that like.
Probably tick the "show plates" box
You need proof of identification linking you to said log book as well

You do wonder how quick the anpr's on copper cars are, register car, send wifi signal to data base, search through all the records and then come back to car etc. Do they even have them switched on or installed because everytime I see a copper show they are radioing through the registrations to control room for details
Speaking to a lad last week stopped for illegal spacing on his plate
He was in cop car and cop said watch this ,his plate reader instantly got a passing car for tax or whatever
He said I can't read your plate because my pay machine works to formats

It costs more paying monthly than annually though. I am a tight git and begrudge paying the government extra :oops:
This for me too. Was tough when it was over £5000 a year to tax a wagon and 3 fell within 2 months, took a bit of cash flow management and bank manager wooing.

Me too. And the fact thing is i don't have to pay anyway due to my car
Our lasses, no, is £35 a month or £35 a year, I wonder how many opt for monthly?

Not a stupid idea at all IMO. All it needs is ANPR cameras linked to the database and police to follow up cases where

The insurance is out of date
The camera cannot read the registration

The first group should be fined

The second group should be fined if the plate is non standard. I see loads of non standard plates that I’m convinced ANPR cameras cannot read
The Police don't do excise offences. The DVLA are given the facts and do them.

Back