Car stereo problem.

My aux input doesn’t work open my car. Any quick fix for this or does it need to be done by a garage?

That could be loads of things, from a loose connection to the port, to a loose connection into the bank of the unit. It doesn't have to be done by a garage, but the way car dashes are put together diagnosing it will most likely be very awkward. All the aux port is, is two cables. So if you had an old aux cable you could snip the connector off, and use that to test the connectors going back to the head unit you might be able to figure it out.

That could be loads of things, from a loose connection to the port, to a loose connection into the bank of the unit. It doesn't have to be done by a garage, but the way car dashes are put together diagnosing it will most likely be very awkward. All the aux port is, is two cables. So if you had an old aux cable you could snip the connector off, and use that to test the connectors going back to the head unit you might be able to figure it out.
The option on the CD player/unit is for CD/aux and the cd part works. It won’t pick up the aux input though.

An air duster is a pressurised air spray can that you get to clean your computer and key board . It comes with a narrow tube that you fit on to the nozzle so you can get the blast of air in to the machine.

And yes I went to Southmoor before it became a comprehensive school.
Anar that man I was 2 years ahead of you .

I know all that shit .

Last edited:
Hope someone can help . When I put a cd in a sign comes up saying "disc unreadable" old discs,new, all the same . I bought a cleaning disc ,with the little brushes on it but it has made no difference . Suggestions please . Will I need to but a new car ?

Laser is dirty or tired/dead in all likelihood. They have a finite life. Some much worse than others.
Probably best to replace the stereo. Even I don’t repair those bliddy things, and I’ve repaired just about anything with silicon in it. Not silicone, sadly..
They’re nowhere near worth the hassle and expense, unless it’s a high end unit.

The option on the CD player/unit is for CD/aux and the cd part works. It won’t pick up the aux input though.

Has it worked in the past? Some car stereos need the aux enabled in a service mode or a button sequence. My old Pioneer was like that. Annoyingly, if I had to disconnect the car battery for any reason, I had to re enable it again. Stupid design.

If you don’t have the manual, look up your model on the web to see if anyone’s asked the question before, or ask the manufacturer, (lol!) in order of preference.

Last edited:

Back