Car set on fire - Southwick

To be fair , at Newcastle central station the night before the Milk cup final one of them was chasing mags around the platform waving a metal bar above his head , so he couldn’t be all that bad really....
Possibly the one who ran on the pitch and took a penalty at Roker

We lived in a flat where the new school is now. I can't remember the name of the street out the back that ran parallel between Shakespeare Street and Beaumont Street, but we were on the corner so pretty much backed onto it. Between them two streets there was always something on fire.

My Nana lived at the top of Shakespeare Street, I hated walking up there past all the squares. Character building if nowt else :lol:
Aye dyer sqaure etc a no go if you werent from round there,rough as fuck.

Parents had a pub in suddick and me ganny and granda who where hard working and straight as a dye lived in okehampton square.

Southwick was f***ing vile in the 80’s and 90’s.I wasn’t a theif,didn’t take drugs and had clean clothes on everyday .I stood out like a sore thumb .In adult life I found people didn’t give a shit about their houses and gardens which really got on my tits ,that was my motivation to work at it and get out .Some fond memories of suddick and I’ll always think it as home but I enjoy living amongst people now with a similar mentality to me .
Same mate but lived at the bottom of shakespeare st and went to st hildas.

Last edited:
Marley Potts was horrendous when I was growing up in Witherwack. It was absolutely full of scumbags and I kid you not people walking around with no shoes and stuff. These days it’s not bad at all to be fair but Southwick on the whole is lawless, especially Ridley Street.
It was like .

Southwick is canny now ,Ridley st is a bit Rawty due to all the kids hanging about outside of Alvin blockheads all the time .Sister ,cousins and in-laws live in the new bit off Beaumont st and it’s canny .
It is now....not in the 80s-90s.

Last edited:
Marley Potts was horrendous when I was growing up in Witherwack. It was absolutely full of scumbags and I kid you not people walking around with no shoes and stuff. These days it’s not bad at all to be fair but Southwick on the whole is lawless, especially Ridley Street.
Remember dickie from witherwack? Absolute idiot.

Still knocking about isn't he with his rigger boots and white vest on .Harmless enough lad .
Is he? I ain’t been over for a while.
But I boots and vest was his calling.

Remember the home at the bottom. I had a topper lass from there.

Still knocking about isn't he with his rigger boots and white vest on .Harmless enough lad .

I've got a photo of him on my phone I'm sure of it ,
He drives about in a tatter van.

Last edited:
Is he? I ain’t been over for a while.
But I boots and vest was his calling.

Remember the home at the bottom. I had a topper lass from there.

He drives about in a tatter van.
I remember the "riot" at the home .when they climbed on the roof and smashed windows etc .I think it was a copy cat thing around about the time of the strange ways riots.

Never seen Alvin for about a year .Might have a drive through this afternoon .

I remember the "riot" at the home .when they climbed on the roof and smashed windows etc .I think it was a copy cat thing around about the time of the strange ways riots.

Never seen Alvin for about a year .Might have a drive through this afternoon .
Just to see him? Can you remember ray who used to push the barrow around southwick.

Just to see him? Can you remember ray who used to push the barrow around southwick.
no I’ve been over that way looking at a c63 in the ford garage .

Eye I remember Raymond .His barrow used to squeak and someone put some oil on it .He used to make a squeaking noise to replicate the noise that was missing if you cast your mind back .Was related to the Russell’s I think .

no I’ve been over that way looking at a c63 in the ford garage .

Eye I remember Raymond .His barrow used to squeak and someone put some oil on it .He used to make a squeaking noise to replicate the noise that was missing if you cast your mind back .Was related to the Russell’s I think .
I see one of the Russell’s kicking about now and again. Did you go to red house Comp?

Due to the parking restrictions on matchdays I park in Southwark which is a 15 minute walk followed by a 4 hour drive after watching my chosen hobby which I unfortunately cannot control. Please don't make my current experiences down there any worse what I currently endure.

Back