Car mot

box2box

Striker
if you put your car in for mot 2 weeks before it’s due and the garage find a mot failure can you still legally use your car upto when the current mot expires ?

if you put your car in for mot 2 weeks before it’s due and the garage find a mot failure can you still legally use your car upto when the current mot expires ?

It's a grey area. Legally if you have your mot that's valid nothing can change it. Even the authorities can't cancel an MOT.

Get them replaced?

Yes, I have ‘free’ mots at the main dealer where it is booked in this week, but they want to charge me £550 for 2 new brake pads and disc ..... have found an independent who will do the same for about half the price so will probs book with them

Yes, I have ‘free’ mots at the main dealer where it is booked in this week, but they want to charge me £550 for 2 new brake pads and disc ..... have found an independent who will do the same for about half the price so will probs book with them
Bloody hell, that’s pricey. They can’t fail it on 25% remaining if that is all it is.

Back