Car leasing

No but the next financial crisis will be partly because of this.

People working in call centres and shops for example, driving around in huge, expensive unsecured loans

Someone on here posted last week that they were paying 450 quid a month to lease a Porsche

The whole concept is like a house of cards

Might not be far wrong. I think our mortgage's in this country could see the same default if base rates are raised.

My wife leases a Audi A1 from the Audi garage itself. Pretty good deal. My neighbour uses lings. He says they are great to deal with.

I prefer to buy my own car. Always a low mileage second hand.

People working in call centres and shops for example, driving around in huge, expensive unsecured loans

Someone on here posted last week that they were paying 450 quid a month to lease a Porsche

That's alright if they're flush.

The thing to look at when leasing is how the overall cost of the lease compares to the what depreciation of the car will be over the same period of time.

For example, a 30k might cost 10k to lease for 3 years, but if that car would only be worth 18k after 3 years then you are 2k better off than if you had bought it.

One thing that put me off leasing is that if you add extras to the car, even such as metallic paint, they add the full cost onto the lease. The say that while extras might make a car more sellable they don't really add to the value. If you are happy with a standard spec, some really good deals can pop up if you keep an eye on the leasing sites.

A loan secured against one of the most rapidly depreciating assets on the planet.

Another shout for Lings...they have some great deals. I used them for my last car and they were spot on from start to finish. Don't be put off by the mad website!!

Whys it got to be local? Ling's based in Gateshead but my car actually came from a Bolton dealership. Its not exactly a problem, they send a driver up to deliver it.

I've got an A4 and pay £250 a month. Deposit was 3 months payments.

whats the term and mileage? doesn't sound too bad

i think at least part of the anti leasing sentiment is based upon the fact that it enables people in low paying jobs to drive much nicer cars, essentially because they are only financing the depreciation element over a term instead of the entire value per traditional HP, essentially always having a car payment to service each and every month, forever. Basically its a snob factor because having a german car isn't exclusive in the slightest for them, anymore.

so why do it? there seems like there are too many people in on it now for it to be flawed? i genuinly don't *get it* which is why i ask...

People like the idea of being able to pay out say £x per month and have a new car every three years or so. I can see the appeal although it's not for me. If you must have a new car then it could make sense financially though.

Your not wrong, is it a joke site
☺️☺️
It looks a joke site but they are very decent. My inlaw had a Merc from them when they first started up... Check any car on delivery/handover.. Make sure its cleaned first before looking it over. His came on the back of a transporter from Bristol with road film on it but the driver washed it before hand. not all do... Handed back after 3 years, dont know if there were any fees, mileage over run etc

Back