Car key cutting and coding

Dennis

Winger
Any recommendations on where to get car keys cut and coded, and roughly what should I expect to pay on a 2012 Golf? Thanks

The key cutting place just inside Jacky Whites market used to do certain models for key cutting and coding. That was years back, so could be wrong. Worth a call tomorrow if you need this over the weekend.

Any recommendations on where to get car keys cut and coded, and roughly what should I expect to pay on a 2012 Golf? Thanks

Newcastle Car Keys excellent service. He will come to you or you can go to him, he's on Great Park near gosforh park. Just got a key got for my Audi £165 instead of £300 from Audi. Has every manufacturer in stock and after market software solutions for the likes of Lexus. You can probably find your key and the price on his website.

Newcastle Car Keys excellent service. He will come to you or you can go to him, he's on Great Park near gosforh park. Just got a key got for my Audi £165 instead of £300 from Audi. Has every manufacturer in stock and after market software solutions for the likes of Lexus. You can probably find your key and the price on his website.

Cheers, just done that and quoted £135 which seems fine. I'll give that other fella recommended a ring and see how much he is

The key cutting place just inside Jacky Whites market used to do certain models for key cutting and coding. That was years back, so could be wrong. Worth a call tomorrow if you need this over the weekend.
Timpsons? They also have a shop at the big Tesco store at Dragonville, Durham. Can get your key sorted there whilst getting your groceries and it's ready when you come out of the store.

The price of these keys man. The days when you could go to timpsons and get one done for a fiver

Aye unfortunately on a modern car key the physical metal key itself (which some people don't even know they have) is inside the housing and is only there as an emergency entrance to the car if for example the car's battery is dead. The metal key plays no other role. Modern Keyless entry, immobiliser and remote coding is beyond Timpson's these days. Generally buying a car new you will get 2 keys, if you buy a new Lexus and are careless or unlucky enough to lose both or have irreparable keys then you are looking at around £2,000 for Lexus to replace 3 different systems on the car to get you back up and running, as it is physically impossible to get a new coded / programmed key. After market solution from a third party vendor circa £1K. Lexus market this as a security feature!

For info anyone using Newcastle Car Keys, they relocated during lockdown to that little estate between Middle Engine Lane and Silver Link,. Used them 3 times and always a perfect key and competitive price.

Back