Car insurance

Dont forget to put a middle aged woman on as a named driver. Quotes are all algorithms and this brings it down more often than not.
Obvs she should have a clean license and no claims.

I see what offer them come.up with the following year..
If higher I phone them and nearly always they will knock it down to previous years premium

Last year I did a direct line one and they wanted 100 quid extra for the year. Phones them and it came down to 20 quid less than previous year.

If no movement I tell them to swivel and move on
See if they can knock even £1 off the auto renew price when I ring the can swivel as far as i`m concerned. It`s just a big con and they try it on knowing people will often just pay the quoted price to keep themselves within the law with the minimum of fuss and bother, especially the older driver.

I was royally done by the one I'm with right now for simply changing my car over from a Panda to a Punto. Both 1.2 and they doubled my payments from £26 to £52.
How about that?
Is that punishment for me owning two fiats. :lol:

£15 change over as well in with that monthly added extra.
I was asked if I want to go ahead. I said, surely you can't be serious (McEnroe moment). They said, it's what your broker has down.
I asked them to justify it and they simply said it's my broker and I can cancel but it'll cost me and I'll lose my no claims.

Talk about over a barrel.
Now this was a while ago and I was in a predicament due to a family member being in long term hospital and I needed the car to ensure we regularly got there.

I should've just cancelled it but...well.
I'm just waiting for my renewal to come through and they're getting a good earful....not that they give a flying fluke.

Anyone clued up on what I should say to them when my renewal is due? I mean in terms of taking them to task on what they did, because that was daylight robbery.

Lose your no claims? They've had your trousers down.

See if they can knock even £1 off the auto renew price when I ring the can swivel as far as i`m concerned. It`s just a big con and they try it on knowing people will often just pay the quoted price to keep themselves within the law with the minimum of fuss and bother, especially the older driver.

They know some people can't be bothered to shop aroubd . I've been done when I've forgot I've got auto renewal on and not taken much notice of the mail

Change every year when doing the price comparison sites.
Current insurer quoted renewal at £260 (£3 cheaper than last year !!)
Got it down to £227 on comparison sites.
No brainer really

Change every year when doing the price comparison sites.
Current insurer quoted renewal at £260 (£3 cheaper than last year !!)
Got it down to £227 on comparison sites.
No brainer really

Two years ago I was with the AA..their renewal quote took the piss..had gone up over £100..changed to Admiral then last year their renewal quote took the piss..changed to Churchill through Gocompare and saved over £190..it's a disgrace like..there'll be people all over who just let it automatically renew (old people or folk without the internet) they'll be getting fleeced.

The young'un used Bridle Insurance last year who were a lot cheaper than his previous company (Churchill or Admiral) plus a £25 voucher from the club shop. He'll try them again this year as they were quite a bit lower than the others quoted, something like £80 cheaper.

This year my insurance went down with direct line by £140 then I moved house and it went down again by another £56 ( 2 miles difference) so I've been with them now for 3 years! Can't grumble

I was royally done by the one I'm with right now for simply changing my car over from a Panda to a Punto. Both 1.2 and they doubled my payments from £26 to £52.
How about that?

I was asked if I want to go ahead. I said, surely you can't be serious (McEnroe moment). They said, it's what your broker has down.
I asked them to justify it and they simply said it's my broker and I can cancel but it'll cost me and I'll lose my no claims.

Now this was a while ago and I was in a predicament due to a family member being in long term hospital and I needed the car to ensure we regularly got there.

I'm just waiting for my renewal to come through and they're getting a good earful....not that they give a flying fluke.

Anyone clued up on what I should say to them when my renewal is due? I mean in terms of taking them to task on what they did, because that was daylight robbery.

I reckon they wont do anything as you agreed to it when you took out the policy, of which they will have provided you the full terms and conditions. Shite but that's how it goes. Just find someone else.

In other matters, with comparison sites, quite a few of them, even though you have fully comprehensive insurance, you are not covered to drive other vehicles, just to be aware folks.

I have been with hastings the last few years and my insurance came down this year on renewal, first time that's happened for about 10 years.

How about that?

When you say broker, do you mean underwriter? Normally it is the broker you would speak to to change the policy.

If it's an underwriter price change it suggests the risk has change somehow but if it's a broker change then it suggests they are squeezing commission out of you.

Well I've got a policy come in. Gone from 513 a year to 614 a year.

Direct line.. going to phone them in an hour to cancel... And I'll tell you what price I come back with

Got my renewal from admiral a couple of weeks back, used a price comparison and got it almost half price.

At work I see a lot of policies now which are SDP without commuting, apparently to be giving out lower prices some of the comparison sites are missing commuting off without people realising.

Got my renewal from admiral a couple of weeks back, used a price comparison and got it almost half price.

At work I see a lot of policies now which are SDP without commuting, apparently to be giving out lower prices some of the comparison sites are missing commuting off without people realising.
I noticed that when I phoned up after passing my test. Had to tell them I needed commuting on.

My insurance last year was £470 with Admiral 3rd party. Got my renewal through this year and it was something like £380. Anyway, I couldn't get cheaper on the comparison sites so decided to try my luck over the phone with Admiral opening with the line "I'm just ringing to see why my renewal price is so high?".. Went on to tell them I had been given quotes of £300 and under. A few moments later the lass on the phone said "let me see what I can do" and came back with £285. Fair to say I took it, cheap as chips for a 26 year old with 3 years no claims and 3 points.

My insurance last year was £470 with Admiral 3rd party. Got my renewal through this year and it was something like £380. Anyway, I couldn't get cheaper on the comparison sites so decided to try my luck over the phone with Admiral opening with the line "I'm just ringing to see why my renewal price is so high?".. Went on to tell them I had been given quotes of £300 and under. A few moments later the lass on the phone said "let me see what I can do" and came back with £285. Fair to say I took it, cheap as chips for a 26 year old with 3 years no claims and 3 points.

Is that for a skateboard?

Back