Car insurance

I noticed that when I phoned up after passing my test. Had to tell them I needed commuting on.

Things like missing commuting off, fully comp not covering driving other cars, driving other cars not covering ones owned by spouses. All of these reduce the risk and thus the price, they just don’t tell you about it. Their get out when the wheels come off will be that it was shown in your documents that you agreed to read and so knew about it.

I reckon they wont do anything as you agreed to it when you took out the policy, of which they will have provided you the full terms and conditions. Shite but that's how it goes. Just find someone else.

In other matters, with comparison sites, quite a few of them, even though you have fully comprehensive insurance, you are not covered to drive other vehicles, just to be aware folks.

I have been with hastings the last few years and my insurance came down this year on renewal, first time that's happened for about 10 years.
I didn't expect the price hike just for changing my motor over.
The shocking thing is, nothing changed other than motor details.
Cars were same worth. Engines same size. Both Fiats.
Yet I go from 26 a month to 52 a month payments.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in the wrong for accepting it but my mind wasn't in the right place due to a family member in hospital and my need to be there regular and travelling.

I should've just cancelled but was told if I did I'd be charged and also lose that no claims. I just found it all underhand.

Got my renewal from admiral a couple of weeks back, used a price comparison and got it almost half price.

At work I see a lot of policies now which are SDP without commuting, apparently to be giving out lower prices some of the comparison sites are missing commuting off without people realising.

And you dont get driving other vehicles (third party) through comparison websites.
Got my renewal from admiral a couple of weeks back, used a price comparison and got it almost half price.

At work I see a lot of policies now which are SDP without commuting, apparently to be giving out lower prices some of the comparison sites are missing commuting off without people realising.

And you dont get driving other vehicles (third party) through comparison websites.

When you say broker, do you mean underwriter? Normally it is the broker you would speak to to change the policy.

If it's an underwriter price change it suggests the risk has change somehow but if it's a broker change then it suggests they are squeezing commission out of you.
All they said to me was, the broker you are with has set your payments at 52 a month.
I simply said " what.....how can I go from 26 to 52 a month, that's double for essentially a similar car."
The person just said that's what the charge is.
My fault for just ending up agreeing but like I say I wasn't in the frame of mind to play about having to mess with a new policy at the time.

My son's motorbility car was returned to dealer last year because support workers had two claims on my insurance as I was the policy holder. So he can have more freedom they want me to purchase a car so they can drive him about and even though he will never have a licence but he would be the policy holder so it would be legal. As I have no intention of losing my protected no claims I won't agree to be a named driver. Free bus travel all over Scotland when there is a bus stop outside his property apparently isn't enough although I can't help thinking this is more for care workers benefit. As I suspect insurance companies will insist on the policy holder being a relative and not somebody who will never qualify for any driving license I cannot see a solution. Should any circumstances be permitted I can only think the cost would be astronomical. One of the claims was when a support worker put the wrong fuel in his mobility car but being the policy holder that's my fault. Obviously I want the best for my son but there is more than one vulnerable person involved when other people's actions play a part although not deliberately.

Just got my renewal notice, £295 down from £311. Went online and can get it for £197. Is it worth ringing current insurer to see if they’ll match it?

Just got my renewal notice, £295 down from £311. Went online and can get it for £197. Is it worth ringing current insurer to see if they’ll match it?
See I'd be petty about it and think if they didn't give the lower price in the first place they can get fucked. Really though you might as well. The worst that can happen is they don't match it.

See I'd be petty about it and think if they didn't give the lower price in the first place they can get fucked. Really though you might as well. The worst that can happen is they don't match it.

This is my take on it as well. If they’re throwing that increase in there to catch people out who either don’t check or aren’t savvy enough then they can get fucked.

The AA did it to my Grandad a few years back - he’d been a loyal customer for years and years but when he was coming to the end of his driving I was helping sort out the policy and saw they were charging him £850 a year for a 1.4 Ford Focus that he took to Sainsbury’s once a week, the robbing *****.

I did an online check at the time (even though it was pointless as he was hanging his keys up) and he could have got it for less that £250. For reference at the time I wasin my late 20s, had three points, only a couple of years no claims and on a 3.0 car was paying less than £500.

Good point actually, esure who I’m with came out at £251 on the comparison anarl. Robbing twats.

Admiral I’ve found to be unbeatable lately and if you’ve more than one car their multi car policy is great value.

£1600 for three vehicles with one of those our son named on as a driver, he’s 17.

Confused gave us 6 months now tv entertainment. Which is okay as I dont have any other tv subscription. Worth it for US version of the Office alone. Which I am watching for the second time.
Also saved 30% on the premium.

They all do it (and many make a loss in year 1 to get you in) so there's no moral difference.

Generally shopping you're best shopping around every year to at least get a quote.

This is my take on it as well. If they’re throwing that increase in there to catch people out who either don’t check or aren’t savvy enough then they can get fucked.

The AA did it to my Grandad a few years back - he’d been a loyal customer for years and years but when he was coming to the end of his driving I was helping sort out the policy and saw they were charging him £850 a year for a 1.4 Ford Focus that he took to Sainsbury’s once a week, the robbing *****.

I did an online check at the time (even though it was pointless as he was hanging his keys up) and he could have got it for less that £250. For reference at the time I wasin my late 20s, had three points, only a couple of years no claims and on a 3.0 car was paying less than £500.
Who with?
Confused gave us 6 months now tv entertainment. Which is okay as I dont have any other tv subscription. Worth it for US version of the Office alone. Which I am watching for the second time.
Also saved 30% on the premium.
They seem to be the best comparison site for rewards as they give you the choice of a few now according to the ads.

Back