car insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my own insurance, but my lad is looking to get his first car and insurance himself soon. Obviously premiums are ridiculouly high even with him adding a black box etc.
Someone said it will go down if I go on as a secondary driver. I wont ever drive it, but if he had a knock, would it affect my insurance in any way, or will I have to tell them?
I dont think it would affect me, but just checking,as hes getting quoted over 3 grand for a cheap as fuck small car?

I have my own insurance, but my lad is looking to get his first car and insurance himself soon. Obviously premiums are ridiculouly high even with him adding a black box etc.
Someone said it will go down if I go on as a secondary driver. I wont ever drive it, but if he had a knock, would it affect my insurance in any way, or will I have to tell them?
I dont think it would affect me, but just checking,as hes getting quoted over 3 grand for a cheap as fuck small car?
Me daughters was £1100 ,18 year old driving a Clio 53 Reg sure you get it cheaper than that

It won't affect your policy mate, put his mother on and yourself and should bring quotes down. It is advisable for him to start on 1000cc or under though. If you are with Admiral they have a scheme where you take out his insurance for him ( but it's his policy)but he earns the no claims bonus and even if he claims it dont affect yours.

Don't think adding yourself as a 2nd driver makes much difference to the price these days, as they clocked on to people doing this to reduce the price with the 2nd driver never using the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back