Car finance

I think you'll be extremely impressed with what I've gone for. Got a cracking deal on an unreal car, but I'm waiting to see if there's any issues with the order. Keeping my powder dry until it comes through, but I'll give you a hint...it's faster than the new Golf Type R...

A soapbox and you've moved to the top of a hill?

Well enjoy marra, but you be careful with all the power considering your current car is 0-60 in around 12 mins.

16 seconds, thank you.

Have you considered the hybrid 3 series? Fully electric range of 25-30 miles, loads of charge points in that there London, 0-60 in about 5 seconds...what's not to like?

The m badge is iconic, like the m3 m4 etc. Msport just has different bodykit etc much like mercedes amg line or vw r line.
The m40i is fast but not economic

Genuine M cars are iconic yes, M sport spec cars are not.
People who know cars will know its not a proper M car and people who dont know cars will not undestand the badge anyway.
The M Sport models get better suspension, but on the whole it’s cosmetic changes. So no, I don’t think it’s ironic.

Its lower and firmer I give you that. Which in high performance cars makes all the difference cars.
In 140 horse power FWD cars, not so much.
Why not take a look at a used 125?

Last edited:
Genuine M cars are iconic yes, M sport spec cars are not.
People who know cars will know its not a proper M car and people who dont know cars will not undestand the badge anyway.

Its lower and firmer I give you that. Which in high performance cars makes all the difference cars.
In 140 horse power FWD cars, not so much.
Why not take a look at a used 125?
Like I’ve mentioned in the OP, I’m getting a competitive deal through work which is the main reason.

If I wanted performance I’d keep the car I’ve got. I want the tech and economy but at a good price.

I've got a 120D M Sport. Older model but I love it and had no problems with it whatsoever and easily do 20k+ per year.

Have said before but got Michelin Cross Climates on to handle the winter (and they're spot on all year round too).

On a different vehicle subject..should a company require the national insurance number of a person driving a rented van?
Can understand the driving licence but the n.i. Number?

What are people’s experiences with a 1 series?
had one since the end of September, traded in my series 3 diesel for it, getting low 40s mpg (118i petrol), bit more wheel noise on wet roads than on my old 320d, yet to see how it handles in winter conditions, but nice to drive, comfy, better for back seat passengers, and decent level of tech toys to play with.

had one since the end of September, traded in my series 3 diesel for it, getting low 40s mpg (118i petrol), bit more wheel noise on wet roads than on my old 320d, yet to see how it handles in winter conditions, but nice to drive, comfy, better for back seat passengers, and decent level of tech toys to play with.
Perfect thanks mate

On a different vehicle subject..should a company require the national insurance number of a person driving a rented van?
They usually need it to the licence check for points etc, but every time i have hired a van i do the check myself so never give them my NI number

Thinking of selling my BMW 330ci and getting something new on a PCP deal through work as we have an agreement with BMW/Mini and get a better deal than standard.

Looking at the 1 series 118i M Sport. I know they’re now FWD but is there anything else to be aware of? I know it won’t be as fast as my current car however I’m sick of getting 22 mpg without even putting my foot down.

What are people’s experiences with a 1 series?
Got one. Class.

Aye to check licence. Or you can issue them with a code to check rather than giving them your details.

Aye to check licence. Or you can issue them with a code to check rather than giving them your details.
Cheers ..sounds a safer idea.Sure they would be fine but giving out your N.I number dosnt seem way to go .

They usually need it to the licence check for points etc, but every time i have hired a van i do the check myself so never give them my NI number
Good advice marra..just got a " code " from DVLA seems a better way to do it

Not really 😂

I just really like it. It's a smart little car with plenty of gadgets and is fast enough when needed. There will be loads of anti-BMW sentiment coming your way though. I find that the MPG reflects very closely how you drive.

Interesting point. Are BMW drivers the most hated road users, after caravans and cyclists?

Back