Car finance

LondonMackem

Striker
Thinking of selling my BMW 330ci and getting something new on a PCP deal through work as we have an agreement with BMW/Mini and get a better deal than standard.

Looking at the 1 series 118i M Sport. I know they’re now FWD but is there anything else to be aware of? I know it won’t be as fast as my current car however I’m sick of getting 22 mpg without even putting my foot down.

What are people’s experiences with a 1 series?

Thinking of selling my BMW 330ci and getting something new on a PCP deal through work as we have an agreement with BMW/Mini and get a better deal than standard.

Looking at the 1 series 118i M Sport. I know they’re now FWD but is there anything else to be aware of? I know it won’t be as fast as my current car however I’m sick of getting 22 mpg without even putting my foot down.

I think your missus should put her foot down and prevent you from getting a penis replacement.

I doubt anyone has had experience of the new one as it's only a couple of month old. I have sat in the new shape 118i msport in the showroom and was very impressed. The new bmw interior is in a different league to the outgoing models. It is also bigger than the old 1 series due to the omission of the transmission tunnel

Last edited:
Make sure they come with indicators as standard not an optional extra.

Don’t forget the “I’ve got a 1 Series on finance and it’s my first car” package which includes features such as

- brazenly jumping red lights
- texting whilst driving
- needlessly overtaking
- meeting other drivers of entry-level premium cars in Tesco’s car park
- parking in disabled spaces

...and much much more

Its front wheel drive and 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. Is the "M-sport" meant to be ironic?
Might as well just get the Golf 1.4 TSI. Same performance and lower bills.
Surely the whole point of a BMW is about being "The ultimate driving machine"

Your thread title is very misleading.

BMW don’t make a bad car much like Merc, Audi and pretty much any other brand out there.

Think about what you want and need from a new car. That will then answer your question.

Its front wheel drive and 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. Is the "M-sport" meant to be ironic?
The M Sport models get better suspension, but on the whole it’s cosmetic changes. So no, I don’t think it’s ironic.
Your thread title is very misleading.

BMW don’t make a bad car much like Merc, Audi and pretty much any other brand out there.

Think about what you want and need from a new car. That will then answer your question.
Asking for 2nd opinions will help answer my questions too.
Don’t forget the “I’ve got a 1 Series on finance and it’s my first car” package which includes features such as

- brazenly jumping red lights
- texting whilst driving
- needlessly overtaking
- meeting other drivers of entry-level premium cars in Tesco’s car park
- parking in disabled spaces

...and much much more
Bet that happens a lot to you in your car mate!

Last edited:
The m badge is iconic, like the m3 m4 etc. Msport just has different bodykit etc much like mercedes amg line or vw r line.
The m40i is fast but not economic

I think you'll be extremely impressed with what I've gone for. Got a cracking deal on an unreal car, but I'm waiting to see if there's any issues with the order. Keeping my powder dry until it comes through, but I'll give you a hint...it's faster than the new Golf Type R...
Well enjoy marra, but you be careful with all the power considering your current car is 0-60 in around 12 mins.

Back