Car Finance

www.carfinance247.co.uk

I was looking to buy a car and had a shocking credit rating, went to these and they said they wouldn't be able to give me credit on the car I was looking to buy but would be able to give me credit on cars matching a spec they provided me with. They also had an online data lookup to find cars matching the spec which found cars at dealerships within 5 miles of my house.

Found they couldn't get me credit on a car for £1500, but they could if the car was worth over £6000, which surprised me and I found a nice car through their search engine.

I think the logic is if I buy an expensive car through credit and fail to make the payments, they have a decent chance of getting their money back by reclaiming the car and putting it to auction. On a cheap car they'd basically have lost their money.

Was very happy with the help from carfinance247 as well

www.carfinance247.co.uk

I was looking to buy a car and had a shocking credit rating, went to these and they said they wouldn't be able to give me credit on the car I was looking to buy but would be able to give me credit on cars matching a spec they provided me with. They also had an online data lookup to find cars matching the spec which found cars at dealerships within 5 miles of my house.

Found they couldn't get me credit on a car for £1500, but they could if the car was worth over £6000, which surprised me and I found a nice car through their search engine.

I think the logic is if I buy an expensive car through credit and fail to make the payments, they have a decent chance of getting their money back by reclaiming the car and putting it to auction. On a cheap car they'd basically have lost their money.

Was very happy with the help from carfinance247 as well

But surely your payments on a £1500 car and on a £6000 differ quite a lot?

Possibly not as they do a credit check. Depends how bad your credit score / history is really
That'll probably count me out then. Struggled a few years ago and ended up going into a trust deed (same as an iva) been discharged from that but it'll be on my file for another 18 months. When I checked on experian my score was sitting between poor and fair! Just need to hope my current car lasts another couple of years.

That'll probably count me out then. Struggled a few years ago and ended up going into a trust deed (same as an iva) been discharged from that but it'll be on my file for another 18 months. When I checked on experian my score was sitting between poor and fair! Just need to hope my current car lasts another couple of years.

Try the forums on pistonheads for lease deals or moneysavingexpert.com who might give you a better idea. There may be some companies better than others to try

Bought last car 13 years ago for cash, saved up and bought the new one cash (£6500) less than bullshit price, pre registered by two weeks with 23 miles on the clock

Back