car detailing

This is what I use, autoglym aqua wax. Wash the car down with water, apply aqua wax when wet and then dry with a Terry towel type cloth. That’s it, easypeasy and it looks great.

If anyone has invented a method of cleaning wheels that isn’t a massive chew on then I’m all ears! Can not stand bumping my wet numb knuckles doing them.
I bought a couple of ez wheel brushes, a good step up from the halfords thing I was using. I use bilt hamber autowheel and valet pro billberry and sometimes bilt hamber surfex HD with a stiff bristle brush on the tyres, it can be a chew on but pain free so far.

Rolling the motor back or forward a bit to get the part of the tyre that was touching the ground is a good tip if you don't already do that.

Ok, so this is my first go with my new Wilks US jetwash, with a polished bliss foam gun, and Bilt Hamber snowfoam, shampoo and wheel cleaner.
Logon or register to see this image

I think I should have been cleaning the drive, rather than the car - but nevermind :lol:

Also changed the wheel caps for new black ones - the old silver ones were ruined, and I recently had the wheels refurbished and changed to gunmetal by @Big Duke Six - as you can see, he's done a cracking job. And then I replaced all the internal bulbs with cool-white LEDs, really makes the car feel modern.

Next jobs:
- Source and fit a boot lip (and possibly roof) spoiler - they were available as options, and were on the A4 that the car is based on, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
- Paint decon, correction polish, and ceramic coating (might have to bite the bullet and simply get the bonnet resprayed though, its got loads of stone chips in it)
- I've seen a cracking private plate for about £200. I know they are for epic wankers, but its just too perfect. And I'm a wanker.

Last edited:
Bumping this sos

not an expert by any stretch, so what’s the consensus

Get a man to do it? If so - recommendations?

Or wash it yourself with decent gear, clay mitt with spray and then a wax?

It's quite easy to do yourself just time consuming. I've done everything bar paint correction with the buffer tool on my previous cars. I Have the buffer just can't seem to find the time to do it as it's a long process and you need to be under cover or in a garage.
Mind all the potions and lotions can run quite expensive in the end.
Loads of you tube videos on it

any car nerds out there

picking up the new motor on friday and I thought the garages offering of paint protection was vastly overpriced for what it was (GardX...doesnt last long by the look of it)

looking at a Gtechniq application preferably

anybody trustworthy locally?

I bet if you said you didn’t want the GardX, they’d rework the figures so that you “got it for free” .... but still ended up paying for it.

Classic Evans Halshaw.

Back