car detailing

How much does that cost, let's say, for a Mondeo sized car?
On some of the Facebook groups I’m on, people have paid about £2k for a mini. Not in clear but I can’t see there being that much of a difference in vinyl prices.

I
Do you know if there is a risk to damage of the paint underneath when a wrap comes off?

I had a look at the clear coat but for one reason or another didn’t like the idea of the car having panels removed and the aftercare considerations. Sometimes you just want to use a wash your car without a massive fanny on.

Three months after ceramic coating at Veep in Harrogate. That’s a standard guards red but the colour is so much more vibrant and more stand out post ceramic.

Logon or register to see this image

I

I had a look at the clear coat but for one reason or another didn’t like the idea of the car having panels removed and the aftercare considerations. Sometimes you just want to use a wash your car without a massive fanny on.

Three months after ceramic coating at Veep in Harrogate. That’s a standard guards red but the colour is so much more vibrant and more stand out post ceramic.

Sensational.

I

Nice. That a GTS?

Suspension differences?

Yeah, primarily the ride is a bit harder and the gear ratios are a bit more aggressive to live with when you’re tootling around town. Also the single locking wheel system, that’s not practical.

If you spec the car with PASM then you can slam the car to the ground as and when the mood takes you and firm things up. Otherwise in normal setting it’s a dream, like driving a golf. In the GTS it’s always like that.

I did pretty much spec it with the best elements of the GTS without the hassle. So things like sport chrono and the sport exhaust system, PDK and rear wheel steering, which is incredible.

New 992 looks to have raised the bar again mind you!

Yeah, primarily the ride is a bit harder and the gear ratios are a bit more aggressive to live with when you’re tootling around town. Also the single locking wheel system, that’s not practical.

If you spec the car with PASM then you can slam the car to the ground as and when the mood takes you and firm things up. Otherwise in normal setting it’s a dream, like driving a golf. In the GTS it’s always like that.

I did pretty much spec it with the best elements of the GTS without the hassle. So things like sport chrono and the sport exhaust system, PDK and rear wheel steering, which is incredible.

New 992 looks to have raised the bar again mind you!

Aye had PASM in a 987s. Never used to turn it on tbf. Nee good for uk roads. Softer the better for me.

Did ever consider a GT4 btw? Probably my ideal car if I had the dosh.

Aye had PASM in a 987s. Never used to turn it on tbf. Nee good for uk roads. Softer the better for me.

Did ever consider a GT4 btw? Probably my ideal car if I had the dosh.

It’s interesting there’s a guy near me that collects Porsche and other than his GT2 and GT3 RS’s (As you do!) he has nothing of the newer generation. For the reason you allude to, no driver assistance at all. The GT3 RS he only drives with everything switched off. I wouldn’t fu**ing dare.

I’ve only ever lost mine once and that was at low speed leaving a roundabout, then the driver assistance kicked in and you’re away. I did have everything switched off on the track day that Porsche give you and it’s a very different beast. Loads of fun though.

No to the GT4. They only do that as a cayman and that’s a 2 seater. I have a young daughter and teenage son and when my wife isn’t around this car is surprisingly practical. 911 GT3 is a two seater, it’s also 500bhp. You can’t take a 500bhp to Aldi. Not an everyday car.

Ironically a cayman GT4 is quite possibly the ultimate Porsche, because it’s mid-engined they’re like a go kart. Porsche nerds debate this all day long and reckon that they deliberately de-tune the GT4 because otherwise it’s be too close to the GT3 RS in performance, which costs pretty much twice as much.

I've a car that was treated with Pureguard around 3 years ago, I think. It's supposed to last 7 years, but I'm not sure there much "polish" left on it, has anybody any experience of Pureguard?

It’s interesting there’s a guy near me that collects Porsche and other than his GT2 and GT3 RS’s (As you do!) he has nothing of the newer generation. For the reason you allude to, no driver assistance at all. The GT3 RS he only drives with everything switched off. I wouldn’t fu**ing dare.

I’ve only ever lost mine once and that was at low speed leaving a roundabout, then the driver assistance kicked in and you’re away. I did have everything switched off on the track day that Porsche give you and it’s a very different beast. Loads of fun though.

No to the GT4. They only do that as a cayman and that’s a 2 seater. I have a young daughter and teenage son and when my wife isn’t around this car is surprisingly practical. 911 GT3 is a two seater, it’s also 500bhp. You can’t take a 500bhp to Aldi. Not an everyday car.

Ironically a cayman GT4 is quite possibly the ultimate Porsche, because it’s mid-engined they’re like a go kart. Porsche nerds debate this all day long and reckon that they deliberately de-tune the GT4 because otherwise it’s be too close to the GT3 RS in performance, which costs pretty much twice as much.

Gt3 rs is a different beast by all accounts. Wasted on the road seeimgly, you need to be a track nut.

With regards to traction can you not put PSM in sport? Ie. Half off?

Agree wouldnt go fully off on the road. Not skillfull enough :lol:

Gt3 rs is a different beast by all accounts. Wasted on the road seeimgly, you need to be a track nut.

With regards to traction can you not put PSM in sport? Ie. Half off?

Agree wouldnt go fully off on the road. Not skillfull enough :lol:

You can and I tend to because it gives the exhaust a little bit of burble and just sharpens things up a little. But don’t take the dial any further or you’re on your own. That’s sport+ and then individual mode where you can mess about with chassis settings and all sorts of things that are way too complicated and unnecessary for me!

The new 992 has an additional ‘rain’ setting for PASM on the dial. They are so good to drive man.

I've a car that was treated with Pureguard around 3 years ago, I think. It's supposed to last 7 years, but I'm not sure there much "polish" left on it, has anybody any experience of Pureguard?
its just a paint sealant..its probably long gone by now

the main problem with dealer applied sealants is they simply dont correct any problems with the paintwork to start with. so any swirls or contaminants embedded into the paint are just sealed over. they dont have the time to lavish 2 or 3 full days on a single car like a professional detailer

a detailer will clay the car then correct any paintwork faults with machine polishing so the paintwork is pristine before the coating is applied

mine after a wash yesterday

Last edited:

Back