car detailing

GingerNick

Striker
any car nerds out there

picking up the new motor on friday and I thought the garages offering of paint protection was vastly overpriced for what it was (GardX...doesnt last long by the look of it)

looking at a Gtechniq application preferably

anybody trustworthy locally?

Used DDB detailing in North Shields.

Had nowt to go off really but had a drive through and the owner showed me around and went through what they did and sold it to me. Still working well after a year and half.

any car nerds out there

picking up the new motor on friday and I thought the garages offering of paint protection was vastly overpriced for what it was (GardX...doesnt last long by the look of it)

What sort of car?

Done it myself over the holidays. Used Hydrosilex Recharge. Doesn't last as long as full blown ceramic coatings but is extremely easy to apply and a lot cheaper.

What sort of car?
Golf Gti

Done it myself over the holidays. Used Hydrosilex Recharge. Doesn't last as long as full blown ceramic coatings but is extremely easy to apply and a lot cheaper.
you can buy loads off t'internet...but am worried I would screw up a ceramic coating...then still have to pay somebody to correct it

plus I may as well have the paint corrected and clayed properly before any coating is applied

Last edited:
I did a bit of research first. My cars paintwork was looking a little shabby so I got most of the swirls out by hand using a compound called cherry glaze that I got from a mate who has his own body shop. I then clayed the whole car then applied this Hydrosilex. It's very easy to apply. Just spray ( Comes in a 500ml spray bottle ) on and immediately wipe off. Do a panel at a time. I even did the windscreen and wheels with it. There's a couple of you tube videos.
I think it supposed to last up to a year before you have to redo it.

any car nerds out there

It will be vastly overpriced. This sort of stuff plus extended warranties is where they make their money.

I did a bit of research first. My cars paintwork was looking a little shabby so I got most of the swirls out by hand using a compound called cherry glaze that I got from a mate who has his own body shop. I then clayed the whole car then applied this Hydrosilex. It's very easy to apply. Just spray ( Comes in a 500ml spray bottle ) on and immediately wipe off. Do a panel at a time. I even did the windscreen and wheels with it. There's a couple of you tube videos.
I think it supposed to last up to a year before you have to redo it.
I'm going to do something similar on mine but with Auto Finesse Tough Coat.

Anyone know much about ceramic coatings? What do they actually do?
And what happens when they "run out", which I assume happens eventually? Do you have to remove it somehow?

Get yourself on the Detailing World forum. That's where anoraks like myself hang out. There's loads you can learn to do yourself. I'm going to attempt machine polishing mine once the weather is better. RIP my paintwork.

Get yourself on the Detailing World forum. That's where anoraks like myself hang out. There's loads you can learn to do yourself. I'm going to attempt machine polishing mine once the weather is better. RIP my paintwork.
I think I've got an account on there actually. Cheers

any car nerds out there

TDI in South Shields.

Anyone know much about ceramic coatings? What do they actually do?
And what happens when they "run out", which I assume happens eventually? Do you have to remove it somehow?

The main thing is that they reduce the likelihood of chemical scratches and also make the paintwork water repellent so that instead of water marks the water just beads up and can be wiped off with a micro fibre towel.

Last edited:
Watch Pan the Organiser and White Details on YouTube for all detailing tips and advice. Plenty of videos on there showing about DIY ceramic coating etc.

TDI in South Shields.

The main thing is that they reduce the likelihood of chemical scratches and also make the paintwork water repellent so that instead of water marks the water just beads up and can be wiped off with a micro fibre towel.
Tdi in Shields done mine using G Technique Crystal Serum - they done a first class job and the ceramic coating has a 7 year guarantee - the results are unreal

Tdi in Shields done mine using G Technique Crystal Serum - they done a first class job and the ceramic coating has a 7 year guarantee - the results are unreal

I know someone who ran a detailing business until recently but he’s moved away now (hence why I recommended TDI :lol:) and he used the same serum. It’s amazing.

Used him twice for the full monty, cracking results.

Had the dragons Audi delivered direct from Wearside Audi covered in the factory protective wax untouched , stopped the cleaners at the garage being unleashed on it.

Used him twice for the full monty, cracking results.

Had the dragons Audi delivered direct from Wearside Audi covered in the factory protective wax untouched , stopped the cleaners at the garage being unleashed on it.
Yes - I done the same with my F Pace - Chris at Tdi insisted on it because the cleaners at the garage would cause extra work to put things right

Yes - I done the same with my F Pace - Chris at Tdi insisted on it because the cleaners at the garage would cause extra work to put things right

Aye I did the same on my BM. 18 months on and it’s still scratch free - although it’s absolutely filthy at the minute as I can’t be bothered getting it done when it’ll be minging a day later.

Back