Car crime

How safe is your car on itv now.

Basically saying keyless car technology is shite and can be cloned easily, hence a massive rise in car theft in recent years

When transponder keys came out in the mid 90s it slashed car thefts overnight.

The simple answer is, bring back manual transponder keys and ditch keyless tech, Or fit a disklok.

Last edited:

I have to put a little block with a key hidden inside it, into a little slot in the dashboard, push and start. Is that still basically an old fashioned key?

Had a jag courtesy car last year with all that keyless Bollocks and hated it.

Programs like that always pick out the worst of the worst man. Praying on people's fears cos it'll get watched.

Of course it happens like. Particularly the high end stuff. But my shitty brain remembers it being far worse in the 90s.

Programs like that always pick out the worst of the worst man. Praying on people's fears cos it'll get watched.

Of course it happens like. Particularly the high end stuff. But my shitty brain remembers it being far worse in the 90s.
You definitely seen more burnt out back then which to me says car thieves have different objectives these days

A lad who used to knock about with us years ago who nicked cars said the only thing that put him off was a wheel clamp because they took too long to get off.

It was worse in the 90s until the transponder key was introduced which then cut it dramatically. Now its keylesss its going back over.

How safe is your car on itv now.

Basically saying keyless car technology is shite and can be cloned easily, hence a massive rise in car theft in recent years

When transponder keys came out in the mid 90s it slashed car thefts overnight.

The simple answer is, bring back manual transponder keys and ditch keyless tech, Or fit a disklok.
Or stop being a screaming fanny.

Mine is keyless and its not been nicked.

It's basically range rovers

And mercs, BMWs, Audi's, VWs...

Loads been nicked in the last two areas I've lived like. Some they'll nick and strip for parts, some they'll nick and get them sent to Africa, some nicked and whacked in storage and used for future crime on cloned plates. Massive problem at the minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back