Car crime

My keys sit in an RFID pouch when in the house, I did test it and the car can't see them in the pouches.

Don't know if the thieves devices can penetrate it, but it keeps my keys from getting dusty or scratched and I always know where they are.

I think is an expensive, stupid and dangerous gimmick. I looked at buying a seat Ibiza a good few years ago and this was keyless entry. I did test the range in the showroom and you had to be within about a metre of the door which is ok but some other cars have a longer range. I did some research and I remeber seeing a video shown a repeater/amplifier (for sale on Amazon) being used to relay the signal from they keys in someone's coat pocket inside of their house next to the front door, their Mercedes was stolen. The fact that the range seat did not have an indicator to show if the screenwash needs topping up put me off buying the cat. It baffles me that they make a song and dance about keyless entry when they cannot fit a screen wash indicator (sensor - connect to CANbus - dispaly on dashboard, quite a low cost solution that makes the car safer).

On a keyless entry system, an intruder could easily slip into the back seat in a dark car park when someone is about 10 metres away.

Our lasses mate had her R Rover Evoque nicked outside a restaurant in town. Was crashed and a right off 30 minutes later in Shields. Absolute bellends. What's the point ffs? 100 and odd grand car narl aren't they?

I dont know of any evoque that costs anywhere near 100k

Why do people park cars on the street and are surprised when they get pinched or damaged.

You wouldn't leave a TV or anything you could pick up out all night and expect it to be there in the morning.

29 years ago Honda made a motorcycle that had Smart Card ignition, great until you snapped or lost your card then it was £150 for a replacement.

Our lasses mate had her R Rover Evoque nicked outside a restaurant in town. Was crashed and a right off 30 minutes later in Shields. Absolute bellends. What's the point ffs? 100 and odd grand car narl aren't they?
£100k Evoque? You must be mistaken marra. Top spec is about £55k.

I think is an expensive, stupid and dangerous gimmick. I looked at buying a seat Ibiza a good few years ago and this was keyless entry. I did test the range in the showroom and you had to be within about a metre of the door which is ok but some other cars have a longer range. I did some research and I remeber seeing a video shown a repeater/amplifier (for sale on Amazon) being used to relay the signal from they keys in someone's coat pocket inside of their house next to the front door, their Mercedes was stolen. The fact that the range seat did not have an indicator to show if the screenwash needs topping up put me off buying the cat. It baffles me that they make a song and dance about keyless entry when they cannot fit a screen wash indicator (sensor - connect to CANbus - dispaly on dashboard, quite a low cost solution that makes the car safer).

On a keyless entry system, an intruder could easily slip into the back seat in a dark car park when someone is about 10 metres away.
:lol: Somebody's been watching too many films.

How safe is your car on itv now.

Basically saying keyless car technology is shite and can be cloned easily, hence a massive rise in car theft in recent years

When transponder keys came out in the mid 90s it slashed car thefts overnight.

The simple answer is, bring back manual transponder keys and ditch keyless tech, Or fit a disklok.

Seems manufacturers are catching up though. My car key when placed somewhere for more than 20 seconds begins cycling through codes to prevent cloning.

Back