Car crime

Washington and Penshaw areas have been getting hit badly for about two years with two little scumbags using one of these devices to open your car up, pinch lose change or anything else worth a couple of quid then move onto the next car. They’ve being doing whole streets overnight. Police don’t have the resources to go after them, most people aren’t even reporting it now. The only way it will stop is if we are lucky enough that someone handy catches them in the act and then...... erm breaks their hands.

My street alone has been done 3 times!

And mercs, BMWs, Audi's, VWs...

Loads been nicked in the last two areas I've lived like. Some they'll nick and strip for parts, some they'll nick and get them sent to Africa, some nicked and whacked in storage and used for future crime on cloned plates. Massive problem at the minute.
Cat converters seem to be the choice around us at the moment

You definitely seen more burnt out back then which to me says car thieves have different objectives these days

Objective these days are to steal a car, will be on clones straight away. Clone plate will have already been identified. They will then use the car to commit other rural crime or taxing without being able to be identified. Or in shotton, just fail to stop for the craic

My key has a button on it that opens the boot for you. The amount of times I’ve had my keys in my pocket and come out to the boot wide open…😡

Same here. The postman will knock and let me know 😂. Opens even when the cars locked.

More and more clones are being identified by police these days though. Lot easier in the last year. Usually what road policing do now, hunt clones and stolens.
Mine is keyless and its not been nicked.

It's basically range rovers

Audis and BMs as well around the 18/19 mark. Ford transits are notoriously easy even with keys. Even think some got a recall years ago as there was some form of clone key that worked on nearly all of a certain period

Last edited:
Aye they are. Disklock is an absolute must.

Doesn't seem to be a big problem in the NE mind. More Manchester/Brum. They must have nicer cars down there.
Round here it seems to be people chancing car doors and hoping to find loose change/sun glasses etc to nick rather than cars themselves going missing.

Bring back a key, no need for this wireless shit as proven by the amount expensive of cars getting nicked easier than ever
Exactly this. When I get into the car, i remove my key from my pocket and put it in the cup holder. If I buy 2 coffees, i need to find another place for my key. In my old car I had a handy little slot which the key went into.

Exactly this. When I get into the car, i remove my key from my pocket and put it in the cup holder. If I buy 2 coffees, i need to find another place for my key. In my old car I had a handy little slot which the key went into.
Not sure exactly when these wireless things come out but we had Renault Laguna at work probably 15 years ago, you got a plastic key that you didn't have to plug in anywhere, bastard thing used you drop between the seats and as they got bent about in your pocket etc it broke the PCB inside so you couldn't do anything

When I bought my T-roc R last year the dealer gave us this RFID bag thing for the key when you bring it in the house to stop the scumbags cloning my key. Same as you bankcards and use a RFID wallet.

Audis and BMs as well around the 18/19 mark. Ford transits are notoriously easy even with keys. Even think some got a recall years ago as there was some form of clone key that worked on nearly all of a certain period

Was a few months during COVID where specific model of BMW was being targeted for their steering wheel around my way. Imagine coming outside and ya cars there but the steering wheel is gone man

I can unlock mine with my phone but can’t start it remotely, which is a shame as that would make more sense than the key
Think I can start mine remotely from my phone to put the heaters on etc but you wouldn't be able to drive off without the key in your pocket.
Not sure it's much more convenient doing it from my phone rather than a key other than not carrying a key. I assume if you started it by phone, you'd have to use Face id or something.

Our lasses mate had her R Rover Evoque nicked outside a restaurant in town. Was crashed and a right off 30 minutes later in Shields. Absolute bellends. What's the point ffs? 100 and odd grand car narl aren't they?

Think I can start mine remotely from my phone to put the heaters on etc but you wouldn't be able to drive off without the key in your pocket.
Not sure it's much more convenient doing it from my phone rather than a key other than not carrying a key. I assume if you started it by phone, you'd have to use Face id or something.

Been a few times when I’ve gone out to move the car and left my keys on my desk, more annoyed at my forgetfulness really :lol:

Back