Car buying finance question

I bought a car through SEAT where they gave you 2 years free servicing if you took finance - I took it, as soon as the credit agreement came through went to the Finance website, got a settlement figure which came in a couple of days, put the money into a bank account with my reference on it. Got a letter through about a week later saying all done. Was dead easy.
You’ve probablys paid more in interest to the garage then the finance company than it would have cost to have the car serviced more than two times.

Spotted a car I like at a good price, I want to pay cash (look at me) however the dealer will only sell on finance, now I know there's a poster on here who knows his stuff in regards to this, can I get the car on finance then pay it off in the cooling off period? & Will the seller hunt me down & kneecap me?
Wont sell for cash? I'd run for the hills mate, sounds a dodgy outfit.

Spotted a car I like at a good price, I want to pay cash (look at me) however the dealer will only sell on finance, now I know there's a poster on here who knows his stuff in regards to this, can I get the car on finance then pay it off in the cooling off period? & Will the seller hunt me down & kneecap me?

Go somewhere else, fuck him off

If you want to cancel a credit agreement, the Consumer Credit Act gives you a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel the agreement.

It was in their terms, car supermarket place past chester. Looking online at things like the MSE forums they won't budge on price at all, or that fee.
They still couldn't be beaten on price. Stack them in and flog them cheap, high volumes.

The £99 is optional. They lied to me too and I couldn't be bothered to argue as the overall price was good.

Last edited:
If you want to cancel a credit agreement, the Consumer Credit Act gives you a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel the agreement.

The £99 is optional. They lied to me too and I couldn't be bothered to argue as the overall price was good.

The price was outstanding, even with the £99.

They said the same to me too mate and I just paid as it was a good price.
I'd put in a fair whack searching for reviews and I could only find reference to them not budging at all on it.

From motorpoint website "A Pre-Delivery Fee of £99 (optional) includes HPI Certificate, PDI, Service (if required) and valet.".

I'd put in a fair whack searching for reviews and I could only find reference to them not budging at all on it.

"A Pre-Delivery Fee of £99 (optional) includes HPI Certificate, PDI, Service (if required) and valet."

Same here. I didn't get a £200 discount for taking warranty and then cancelled it so I felt like not arguing over £99.

Sounds like pushy salesman hoping the customer will cave and take the finance. Bought the wife's car a few years back froma dealer and the look on his face when I said I'd be paying cash was priceless. He was gutted
The finance companies put what you call stocking plans in dealerships where you pay little interest up to a month and the longer you have the vehicle the interest goes up. The dealership is using Black horse etc to pay for the vehicles.

Eh? I paid something like 12 days interest. Came to about £14 or something.
When you take finance the garage put interest on, so that then adds on top of the price of your car. Then the finance company lend you the money which they then add on their interest.

Unless you took a different deal that you didn’t mention.

When you take finance the garage put interest on, so that then adds on top of the price of your car. Then the finance company lend you the money which they then add on their interest.

That's not how it works.

Not in this case - after the deposit the car was £8k, and the finance was £8k over 3 year at x interest calculated daily. If I paid it off over the 4 year it would have cost me something like £12k, but the settlement figure was something like £8014 which was 12 days interest.

Not in this case - after the deposit the car was £8k, and the finance was £8k over 3 year at x interest calculated daily. If I paid it off over the 4 year it would have cost me something like £12k, but the settlement figure was something like £8014 which was 12 days interest.
That's how finance works. After the cooling off period there are sometimes early repayment charges though.

Back