Car buying finance question

I find it hard to believe a car garage would only sell on finance, having worked in a dealership for 7 years it’s unheard of actually and probably illegal.
Worked all my life in dealerships and never come across that. They do like you to take finance as they get commission on finance but wouldn’t normally refuse a cash sale. Strange one.

Worked all my life in dealerships and never come across that. They do like you to take finance as they get commission on finance but wouldn’t normally refuse a cash sale. Strange one.
Sounds like pushy salesman hoping the customer will cave and take the finance. Bought the wife's car a few years back froma dealer and the look on his face when I said I'd be paying cash was priceless. He was gutted

To answer this football related question. The answer is yes you can do the finance thing, PCP or whatever, and pay it all off within 14 days I think it is. Minus the extra deposit and stuff you might have been offered. FSA rules or summat. I’ve never done it but read about it a bit from others who have.

Oh. 4-4-2.

I bought a car through SEAT where they gave you 2 years free servicing if you took finance - I took it, as soon as the credit agreement came through went to the Finance website, got a settlement figure which came in a couple of days, put the money into a bank account with my reference on it. Got a letter through about a week later saying all done. Was dead easy.

This. It’s the rules. FSA

Spotted a car I like at a good price, I want to pay cash (look at me) however the dealer will only sell on finance, now I know there's a poster on here who knows his stuff in regards to this, can I get the car on finance then pay it off in the cooling off period? & Will the seller hunt me down & kneecap me?
Keisuke Honda

Greedy bassas are not happy with screwing you once, they want to screw you both ways.

Back