Car buying finance question

Gutmackem

Striker
Spotted a car I like at a good price, I want to pay cash (look at me) however the dealer will only sell on finance, now I know there's a poster on here who knows his stuff in regards to this, can I get the car on finance then pay it off in the cooling off period? & Will the seller hunt me down & kneecap me?

Spotted a car I like at a good price, I want to pay cash (look at me) however the dealer will only sell on finance, now I know there's a poster on here who knows his stuff in regards to this, can I get the car on finance then pay it off in the cooling off period? & Will the seller hunt me down & kneecap me?

Usually there's a fee for early repayment, unless interest free.
Tbh I don't know why won't sell for a cash purchase, seems like they're trying to have your eyes out.
The finance will be offered through a 3rd party company like Santander or Black Horse, so once you have the contract it is the finance company you owe, not the dealer

Pretty sure they can't refuse to sell you the car for paying cash like

Just look at penalties for overpayment or settlements, of there are none then it's usually a months interest which is about 40 quid

Is it a main dealer or Arthur Daley? Actually the lines are probably quite blurred on that comparison

I bought a car through SEAT where they gave you 2 years free servicing if you took finance - I took it, as soon as the credit agreement came through went to the Finance website, got a settlement figure which came in a couple of days, put the money into a bank account with my reference on it. Got a letter through about a week later saying all done. Was dead easy.

Back