Car Brake Fluid

She's taken it to an independent garage and the bloke is apparently furious and says they are taking the piss. I've told her to get everything he says in writing for when she goes down to see them at Evans. They've definitely said it could be down to driving style - she's confirmed that's what they're saying on three separate occasions.
But are they seriously saying the brake fluid needs replacing.

Even I they were just trying to take the piss this is outrageous.

It’s like you buying a new fridge and after 11 weeks having the gas refilled twice.

But are they seriously saying the brake fluid needs replacing.

Even I they were just trying to take the piss this is outrageous.

It’s like you buying a new fridge and after 11 weeks having the gas refilled twice.
That's exactly what they're doing, mate. They've already changed it once at her expense apparently.

I'll happily change the brake fluid on my MTB but not the car. Risk of getting it wrong might be low but the consequences could be huge.
So don’t get it wrong. It was the same when I mentioned the brake pads -people terrified to try it in case they get it wrong.
I’ve also replaced the charging port in a tablet and changed an iPhone battery this week. Both a piece of piss but people would rather pay Apple £45 to do it.
Nobody wants to fix things themselves anymore.

She's taken it to an independent garage and the bloke is apparently furious and says they are taking the piss. I've told her to get everything he says in writing for when she goes down to see them at Evans. They've definitely said it could be down to driving style - she's confirmed that's what they're saying on three separate occasions.

tell her to email them and see what they put in their reply. at least that way she'll have something in writing.
either they're trying to rip her off or there's a warning light on in her c. fuck it, can't be arsed to try finding a reason for the garage to say what they're saying. they're trying to con her. simple as that.

I’d be demanding my money back for the first brake fluid change.
Some fella at a garage in Cleadon has just fixed it for her for free. Says the brake fluid was low and had never been topped up. So they've taken money off her and not actually done what they said they had.

Back