Car advice / info needed

onenil73

Subs Bench
I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand car. Any opinions between a InfinityQ30 or a Mercedes GLA as thay share many parts and are very much the same in the cabin.
The Infinity is a 1.5 semi auto , Merc is a 2.1 manual Infinity has aprox 25000 mile less and around £4.500 cheaper.
Any opinions welcome.

Dr Feelgood

Central Defender
I thought about an Infiniti a few years ago as I thought it was a bit different from the usual choices and as you say shared a lot of technology / parts with more mainstream brands. I was a bit concerned about resale value and scarcity of dealers so didn't go much further.
I suppose you know that Infiniti pulled out of UK? - parts and servicing may need to be considered if it's still in warranty. Also depends if you intend to keep it a while - as time moves on they could be harder to sell / trade in - but that may already be a reason for comparatively lower price?

Goat Eyes

Striker
The 1.5 in the Infinity is a Renault engine, I had it in an A-Class I once had. Very economical and for me was super reliable. I did 110k in it from new and it never missed a beat.

The 2.1 manual is a Merc engine so will also be reliable but also has a lot more power.

You need to consider what exactly it is that you want and need from the car. A semi automatic is automatic really as nobody ever uses the gears.

The poster above raises some valid points around parts supply, warranty and resale. Infinity (part of Nissan / Renault) will have put in place a strategy for service, warranty, repair and maintenance so you’ll be covered and with all parts being common across Nissan / Renault and Merc you should be safe there.

Resale will be the biggest factor but again, it’s 4.5k cheaper so may not be an issue.

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand car. Any opinions between a InfinityQ30 or a Mercedes GLA as thay share many parts and are very much the same in the cabin.
The Infinity is a 1.5 semi auto , Merc is a 2.1 manual Infinity has aprox 25000 mile less and around £4.500 cheaper.
Any opinions welcome.
What is the car used for?
How many miles per year?
How many people usually in the car?
Do you indicate regularly?
Big or small penis?
Budget for purchase and running costs?

Zidane

Striker
What age are they?

For all reasons previously mentioned, the Merc is a safer bet I would have thought.

Last edited:

onenil73

Subs Bench
Thanks for your thoughts lads
Just retired so will only be using car for day to day running around with me and the wife and occasional grand kids,fishing trips and holidays
I intend to keep car for a good few year so resale not a issue.
Both cars are on 67 plates , I'm guessing 8000 miles a year with regular indicating when stoping and turning.
Penis large enough.
Cheers

Thanks for your thoughts lads
Just retired so will only be using car for day to day running around with me and the wife and occasional grand kids,fishing trips and holidays
I intend to keep car for a good few year so resale not a issue.
Both cars are on 67 plates , I'm guessing 8000 miles a year with regular indicating when stoping and turning.
Penis large enough.
Cheers
1-2 grandkids = Ford Focus
3+ grandkids = S Max or zafira/meriva.

Or buy a fiesta and hire/borrow a bigger car when necessary.

Last edited:
Had a GLA a couple of years ago. Automatic, but you could flip it over to "manual" if you wanted. I liked it, but I did find the inside a little cramped to be honest. Up front the windscreen had a fairly low sweep to it, so it looked cool from outside (the magno finish helped!) but I always felt my head was very close to the ceiling when inside - I'm 6' 2". Swapped it for a Mini Countryman - outside dimensions are almost identical, but it feels far roomier when driving, presumably because the windscreen isn't as sloped. In terms of power it was decent but I didn't feel like it was particularly nimble or responsive - more of a build up gently on the open road, great for the highway. For urban driving I find that the Mini knocks spots off it in "sport" mode for getting away at lights, intersections, etc. I've had 3 cars with my kids (Subaru Outback, GLA, Countryman) and it was their least favorite of the 3, not that you want to be taking the advice of a 14-year-old and an 11-year-old on this important matter :lol: .