Car’s been reversed into

Four car family eh. Cha-ching!
He still needs to rummage through his mother in law’s knicker drawer to check for HP agreements. They’re not affluent enough unless they paid in cash for the four cars (say that aloud quickly).

Her Ma and Da’s Car were already on it. Then my lass’s and her sister’s would have taken priority over mine if there was any space left :lol:
Is the sister a better prospect?

Staying at my lasses parents house over the weekend and had parked opposite the driveway of the people who live over the road from them.

No hint of obstructing their driveway at all, a competent drive could manoeuvre a caravan off their drive with the amount of road left. There’s no question of me being parked illegally.

Anyhow, left today perhaps without my full wits about me as my lass is off to India for 6 weeks with work and we’d just said our goodbyes, but noticed a note under the windscreen wiper as I’m halfway down the M62.

Stop at Hartshead services to relieve myself and to check the note and it says “We’ve reversed into you as you were parked inconsiderately (bollocks was I, but still not illegally either way) [...] we certainly don’t want to discuss directly so here’s our details for your insurance company.”

Now, I’m not minded to make a claim at all. The damage is quite minor and my car is a complete shit box worth £500 max that I’ll be parting company with very soon. But first question on that, are you obliged to report it to your insurers anyway? Can’t be arsed to go an check my policy docs, I want to get to the pub and I’ve never been involved in an accident in my life so have no idea of procedure here.

But then, what kind of imbecile hits a car parked directly outside their neighbour’s house and doesn’t suspect a little bit that their neighbour might be quite close to the person they’ve hit? :lol:

They’d like no contact with me but my lasses Dad is going mental about the whole thing waiting for them to return so he can go and have a word with them, something I’d rather he didn’t do like but it’s not my decision.

So aye:

1) Am I obliged to tell my insurance company even though I’m not bothered about claiming.

2) What creative, but legal, acts of revenge can the SMB come up with?

And, I eagerly await the parody thread in response to this. The family in question are scousers. A couple with a daughter in her early 20s. At this stage I don’t know which of them is so shit at driving they reversed a hatch back into my car from their driveway :lol:

Has her Dad had hell on with them before? When they said they don't want to discuss it directly I don't think they had you in mind and they might know the father will flatten them :lol:

Back