Captain Marvel

Low level trolling mainly, and the alt.right seems to want this shit to just hang around everywhere like some sort of low level buzz of twattery
Are you sure its the alt-right. My understanding was they were racist white nationalist types?

Are these not just trolls who don't like SJW type stuff?

Are you sure its the alt-right. My understanding was they were racist white nationalist types?

Are these not just trolls who don't like SJW type stuff?

Imho the profile plays out like hooligans in a football crowd. There'll be a core of hardcore arseholes who are, for want of a better word, "organised" and have attached themselves to a cause. Around them a looser assembly of lower level arseholes who have a vague idea of an Us and a Them and are keen to bash Them when pointed in Their direction. And at the bottom of the food chain, a group of general pricks who like to pile in if something brews up.

Imho the profile plays out like hooligans in a football crowd. There'll be a core of hardcore arseholes who are, for want of a better word, "organised" and have attached themselves to a cause. Around them a looser assembly of lower level arseholes who have a vague idea of an Us and a Them and are keen to bash Them when pointed in Their direction. And at the bottom of the food chain, a group of general pricks who like to pile in if something brews up.
I think that tends to be how any group works political or not.

It'll be interesting to see if the movies any good. Have you seen it yet?

Cos The Last Jedi benefitted from the alt right types and trolls etc. imo, atleast it bought rian johnson 6 months until solo tanked.

I think that tends to be how any group works political or not.

It'll be interesting to see if the movies any good. Have you seen it yet?

Cos The Last Jedi benefitted from the alt right types and trolls etc. imo, atleast it bought rian johnson 6 months until solo tanked.

Still with the Last Jedi. It's not very good but it's not even the worst Star Wars film that doesn't have Hayden Christensen in it, and *some people* are going on like Uwe Boll and Tommy Wiseau fucked and had a celluloid baby

Still with the Last Jedi. It's not very good but it's not even the worst Star Wars film that doesn't have Hayden Christensen in it, and *some people* are going on like Uwe Boll and Tommy Wiseau fucked and had a celluloid baby
Oh I'll go hell for leather at that pile of shite. Worst star wars film of all time for me.

I still can remember people in the cinema laughing at the space leia part like it was yesterday

Seek help

Logon or register to see this image

In any event, you recently described TLJ as the worst film of all time. It's really time you took stock.
Did I say the worst film of all time? Surely not. Did I not say worst star wars film or my worst big budget movie I've seen at the pics or something?

Either way it is obviously not thew worst movie of ALL time.

I re-watched 1 and 2 to see if I thought they were worse and they weren't imo. It depends on what you value most. The plot of SJW was infuriatingly poor.

Did I say the worst film of all time? Surely not. Did I not say worst star wars film or my worst big budget movie I've seen at the pics or something?

Either way it is obviously not thew worst movie of ALL time.

I re-watched 1 and 2 to see if I thought they were worse and they weren't imo. It depends on what you value most. The plot of SJW was infuriatingly poor.

My apologies - you said it was the worst film you've seen at the cinema. Still not the expression of a sound mind.

And I can't decide whether it would be sadder if you calling it SJW were an attempt at wit or a Freudian slip

My apologies - you said it was the worst film you've seen at the cinema. Still not the expression of a sound mind.

And I can't decide whether it would be sadder if you calling it SJW were an attempt at wit or a Freudian slip
:lol: SJW on the brain obviously. I have just sat and read 5 articles about this brie larson thing tbf.

But TLJ, it annoyed me that these trolls/incels/alt-right or whoever they are done that, particularly the cut that was made without women iirc that appeared on youtube, because it just deflected from the actual problems the movie had imo.

I'm trying to think of a worse film I've seen at the cinema.... I suppose if I was to clarify my point more clearly it would be most dissapointing movie I've seen at the cinema.

Even though I’m a massive sci fi fan I cannot get away with the marvel stuff. Bores me to tears and something just not quite right about them.

Batman is where it's at, but I'm concerned DC are already cocking things up there what with Batfleck doing one after 2 films.
We'll have to see.

If they did some of the really gritty storylines that could be quite something, but it's whether or not it would get the audience.
No doubt manbabies the world over would find fault with whatever they do

Batman is where it's at, but I'm concerned DC are already cocking things up there what with Batfleck doing one after 2 films.
We'll have to see.

If they did some of the really gritty storylines that could be quite something, but it's whether or not it would get the audience.
No doubt manbabies the world over would find fault with whatever they do
I want them to bring back the Adam West style of Batman.

Saw it today. It's alright. Soundtrack is great. Suffers a bit from overplaying the female empowerment card - the MCU isn't exactly filled with damsels in distress, there's no imbalance to be redressed and it's quite jarring. Larson as Danvers is a bit of a one note snark at present, lacking charisma. Whether that's performance or writing, I'm not sure. L.M.F. Jackson and Mendelson decent as usual. The de-aging job on L.M.F. Jackson is terrific, except when he has to run.

As predicted - not great, but not terrible either.

there's no imbalance to be redressed

That's putting it a bit strongly. There have been 49 big feature films based on Marvel Superheroes and Captain Marvel was only the second that had a female superhero in the lead. Of the female characters that do feature, they haven't always had the best treatment and at one point retailers weren't even stocking the merchandise of female characters despite demand.

That's putting it a bit strongly. There have been 49 big feature films based on Marvel Superheroes and Captain Marvel was only the second that had a female superhero in the lead. Of the female characters that do feature, they haven't always had the best treatment and at one point retailers weren't even stocking the merchandise of female characters despite demand.

First film in 20 since the MCU was created to have a female lead.

No imbalance.

Oh and let’s not forget Marvel itself “forgetting” to put Danai Gurira’s name on the Endgame poster.

Last edited:
Weakest of the marvel films...it was a bit half hearted and they could've ramped up her back story, however the two hours flew over...daint really get the cat bit at all but still a 7/10

Weakest of the marvel films...it was a bit half hearted and they could've ramped up her back story, however the two hours flew over...daint really get the cat bit at all but still a 7/10
It was easily better than the Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, and Iron Man 2 imo.

7/10 is a reasonable score though so I guess it's more that you generally rate marvel films highly.

Think the Ruffalo hulk story didn't get a film and that's not really part of this franchise...so I'm blanking the bana and Norton ones out... didn't mind Iron man 2 or thor 2 like

First film in 20 since the MCU was created to have a female lead.

No imbalance.

Oh and let’s not forget Marvel itself “forgetting” to put Danai Gurira’s name on the Endgame poster.

The MCU is reaming with strong female characters. They don't even dare to portray them as winging it for comedic purposes, as they do with all the men. There might be an imbalance in whose name is on the film, but none at all in universe.

The MCU is reaming with strong female characters. They don't even dare to portray them as winging it for comedic purposes, as they do with all the men. There might be an imbalance in whose name is on the film, but none at all in universe.

I see your blind spot on numbers and equivalence has spread across here from the Politics forum

Back