Captain Marvel

Saw it yesterday. Funny, entertaining, informing and all round classic superhero movie with a good spirit and a "beat em up'" edge to it. Good acting by Brie Larson, Jude Law and Samuel L. Jackson.

Only limitation is that it only seems to serve as a stage fitter for the upcoming avengers movie by introducing her as a character and setting out her relationship with fury. We are left wondering what she is doing otherwise between now and then.

See now, I watched an Iron Man fillum (fuck knows which one) and he was in serious bother. All I could think was 'why doesn't he just shout for the Avengers to give him a hand?' The likes of Thor would have the villains panelled quick smart.

Decent film

The fight scene with I’m just a girl playing though :lol:

The music is proper shoehorned in all over the film as well poorly done compared to guardians and even ragnarok

Not sure if it was just me but they tried to make the film emotional and the two actresses just didn't pull it off very well. Though I would watch it again, whereas Black Panther was average and that got the highest scores ever for a Marvel film, and I have no intention of watching that again.

If you talking about Monica Rambeau, she did, she was played by two sisters - Azari Akbar (5) and Akira Akbar (11)

Incidentally in the mainstream MCU Monica became an energy based hero initially also called Captain Marvel and changed her name to Photon.

Logon or register to see this image

Don’t think she looked young enough to be 5 or old enough to be 11 later on in the film imo.

No biggie though.

I want to know what Fury did for 10 years between this and Iron Man. He seems to have done fuck all to progress the Avengers Initiative between the two apart from hire Hawkeye and BW.
Sat around waiting for a superhero to turn up. Iron man and hulk didn’t exist, Thor was still in Asgard, Cap was under the ice (not sure when he got out timeline-wise).

Not sure if it was just me but they tried to make the film emotional and the two actresses just didn't pull it off very well. Though I would watch it again, whereas Black Panther was average and that got the highest scores ever for a Marvel film, and I have no intention of watching that again.
I nearly cried several times :lol:

Sod off man barry norman- star wars is sci fi just very entry level
Star Wars has never been sci fi. It’s always described itself as a space opera. It’s basically a fairy tale set in space.

Last edited:
Sat around waiting for a superhero to turn up. Iron man and hulk didn’t exist, Thor was still in Asgard, Cap was under the ice (not sure when he got out timeline-wise).

I nearly cried several times :lol:

Star Wars has never been sci fi. It’s always described itself as a space opera. It’s basically a fairy tale set in space.

Fury said that asgardians were the first aliens SHIELD had encountered iirc

I think he might mean this conversation from Avengers Assemble... although to be fair Fury did mention other alien races

Bruce Banner: I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.
Nick Fury: Because of him!
[points at Thor]
Thor: Me?
Nick Fury: Last year, Earth had a visit from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned.
Thor: My people want nothing but peace with your planet!
Nick Fury: But you're not the only ones out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, that can't be controlled!
Steve Rogers: Like you control the cube?

Back