Captain Marvel

I really enjoyed it. I have low expectations as a default for Marvel films so a few have pleasantly surprised me.

It was a bit knitting a bigger story together but hey ho. She was good as the lead role. Almost an 8 out of 10.

Just saw it tonight. Great film. Nicely sets up end game too. I’d imagine if they were to release a 2nd it’s about her trying to find them somewhere to settle

I've also just seen it and thought it was brilliant. There was one thing at the end that kind of annoyed me though

How come she didn't need her mask on when she was in space outside the Skrull ship? They already showed her using it in space when she was punching fuck out of Jude Law's ship so she clearly needs it. I'm absolutely fine with superhero films asking us to suspend our disbelief, I just want them to be consistent about it.

Also, the Stan Lee opening and cameo both got me.

Last edited:
I've also just seen it and thought it was brilliant. There was one thing at the end that kind of annoyed me though

How come she didn't need her mask on when she was in space outside the Skrull ship? They already showed her using it in space when she was punching fuck out of Jude Law's ship so she clearly needs it. I'm absolutely fine with superhero films asking us to suspend our disbelief, I just want them to be consistent about it.

I noticed that, but thought as she'd become even more powerful the old rules didn't apply. Which is a shame because the helmet mohawk is awesome.

I think the main issue with this film is that while it was admirable to come at the origin story from a different angle, glossing over some of the typical tropes meant that it was hard to relate to Carol Danvers as a character.

It was ambitious for them to gloss over the crucial milestones in her upbringing; karaoke, box car racing etc... by using memory search flashbacks. The problem is that it doesn't give the audience any meat to hook onto. Some of those scenes needed to be expanded on. I appreciate the attempt to avoid what would most likely have been pretty cliché, but a mainstream audience needs some of that.

Also, the way she just remembered things without any ceremony. Like when she remembered her nickname for the little girl. They chose not to have a 'moment of realisation' cliché and instead just drop the line without warning.

Appreciate the attempt of subverting expectations but not sure it quite worked. It's a midtable MCU entry imo.

I did enjoy it though and i'm going to see it again tonight with the Mrs.

Aye the Stan Lee opening got me too, caught me by surprise actually.

FDucking topper film that!
:p
Wasn’t bored for second.
Funny and entertaining with a nice clear storyline
Obviously Brie is lush too :oops::lol:

Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Nebula
Scarlet Witch
Valkyrie
The Wasp
Peggy Carter
Karen Page
Jessica Jones
Wad
WadWadWaWadWadWadWaWadWadWaWadWadWadWadwWa dWadWaWadWadWadWaWadWadWaWadWadWadWadwaad etc..

Last edited:
Surprised so many seem to have liked it.
I thought it was poor.
The first 20 mins or so were awful, and for a big budget studio film it never once felt epic, more like a TV movie.
It got better once Samuel L arrived on the scene and the soundtrack was decent, but for the most part is was mediocre at best, and at it's worst, boring, which is unforgiveable in a film such as this.
Easily the weakest Marvel movie for me.

Surprised so many seem to have liked it.
I thought it was poor.
The first 20 mins or so were awful, and for a big budget studio film it never once felt epic, more like a TV movie.
It got better once Samuel L arrived on the scene and the soundtrack was decent, but for the most part is was mediocre at best, and at it's worst, boring, which is unforgiveable in a film such as this.
Easily the weakest Marvel movie for me.
Misogynistic pig!

I enjoyed it but it did have a feel of a TV movie like someone mentioned earlier which is strange for the franchise... it’s almost like Marvel weren’t bothered whether it was a huge hit or not cos its main purpose was to introduce her to the MCU before endgame..she’ll be a big part of these films going forward and will play a prominent role in upcoming avengers movies.. I personally like Larson in the role and thought she played it well

Back