Can't lift heavy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakey

Midfield
I detached my retinas in May and have been given the all clear to start exercising again after the surgery but I can't lift more than about 25kg regularly so this sort of limits what I can do.

As some on here know I've already lost a fair bit of weight down from 16st 10lb start of December to 14st dead now, I did this through diet and exercise. but I'm wanting to lose more.

I would exercise doing weights and I enjoyed it more than when I did cardio and found that the results were better. Anyone got any ideas on what I could would It just be a case of cardio and body weight exercises?

any help greatly appreciated.

theres loads of stuff you can do with 25kg, bearing in mind an olympic bar is 20kg and i bet i could melt you on the spot in about 4 minutes with some barbell conditioning/complexes.

youtube barbell complexes do them as a circuit for either time or reps. same goes for a set of dumbbells your limited to your imagination. put together a session of exercises with no rest inbetween and you get great results.

something as basic as below

Barbell complexes, GPP and 'isolation' exercises. When I injured my metatarsal before I just did a lot of hamstring/lower back work in the 10-12 rep range and that helped keep my deadlift and squat close to where they were pre-injury. I think I even hit a squat PR a couple of weeks after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back