Can't hold back the tears..

Bicentennial man, with “man of the hour” playing
Oh yes, cracking film. Underrated somehow.
Watched Disney / Pixar's SOUL on Saturday and the end had me proper blubbing.

(I did look for a YouTube clip of it but there appears to be one or two different versions online - none of which were the same ending that I saw!)
One that got me the other day, Inside Out was on, and it showed how memories die, and it got me choked up to think of all those things that are just lost forever, all those moments.

Bit like in Coco when you have the 2nd death when you die in the afterlife because nobody remembers you anymore.

Last edited:

One that got me the other day, Inside Out was on, and it showed how memories die, and it got me choked up to think of all those things that are just lost forever, all those moments.

Bit like in Coco when you have the 2nd death when you die in the afterlife because nobody remembers you anymore.

Pixar's writers have a way of doing this - Up, Inside Out, Coco, Soul etc. all have their moments.

Actually, the ending of Coco probably gets me as much as anything.

The end of Armageddon when Bruce chucks his daughter boyfriend back in the lift so he can blow himself up on the rock then the scene in the church with all the pictures of those who saved the plant but didn't make it back

Also sounds similar to the film version of The Lovely Bones too, where the protagonist moves on from her horrible ending once her family have grieved and moved on. Possibly Peter Jacksons only duffer film though, I'd read the book instead if you can.

Still the scene in Jude, the film of Jude the Obscure. You know which scene. The scene

Judes son from his first marriage kills his younger toddler half siblings and then commits suicide by hanging himself

horrible

also the 2000 acres of Sky, the Kenny death episode where you think he's been saved but he's actually hallucinating while slowly freezing to death on a beach. By the time he snaps out of the hallucination he's too far gone
Jude the Obsure was shot at Ushaw College remember the scene even now a life forming moment that either make you angry or sad

When Marley the Golden Lab dies.
....Too close to home :(
That Spitfire scene in Dunkirk at the end gets to me.
Just see my Grand Dad everytime and the tear will start.
I’ve never watched it as I know I’d be a f#cking mess, any dog dying in films gets me every time.

Nee way I’m watching that😄.

Gets to me every time, even worse than ever before when my lovely boy is in the room.

Last edited:

Back