Cans or bottles ?

500ml bottles are 40p, same size can is 60p - plus you get 10p back when you return your empty bottle - so it's bottles all the way

Cans are much cooler :cool:

Not quite the same as the question posed but I do find it amusing when you see a load of blokes out together and there's the odd spenk supping bottles whilst the rest are on pints.

I think its the absolute greedy bastard in me who always prefers say a £3 pint over a £3 bottle two thirds the size.

The quality of canned beer has certainly gone up in recent years. Used to be bottom of the market stuff but now it can be a fiver for a 330ml can.
It can be a lot more than a fiver mate - I’ve paid 8 quid for one from that shop in Newcastle station - I was scared to drink the thing at that price - I could have had 8 Ace

There should be no difference at all between stuff in bottles and cans, it's the same product poured into both. Cans do not give off any taste like they did years ago. It's all in your head.

Bottles are far more likely to skunk your beer too, especially green ones.

Currently tasting a few bottles of San Miguel. Excellent stuff.
Tried a few cans of the same gear last weekend. Finding the bottles Far superior.

Having not drank for over three years or so I'm no expert but bottles seem to be much the better choice.

So what do you prefer cans or bottles ?
At moment the San Miguel cans 330 ml. are slightly stronger the our UK ones 5.4vol , cheaper too. Think from EU due to lack of tourists? UK bottles/cans 5.0 vol

Cans are much cooler :cool:

Not quite the same as the question posed but I do find it amusing when you see a load of blokes out together and there's the odd spenk supping bottles whilst the rest are on pints.

If you're talking 330ml bottles of larger then aye. But sometimes fancy a bottle of double maxim

Currently tasting a few bottles of San Miguel. Excellent stuff.
Tried a few cans of the same gear last weekend. Finding the bottles Far superior.

Having not drank for over three years or so I'm no expert but bottles seem to be much the better choice.

So what do you prefer cans or bottles ?

Bottles.

I don't tend to drink out of glasses and find cans taste 'tinny'.

Bottles are more traditional, it just feels more like drinking than from a can. That said, any taste benefit must be psychological as officially cans are far better for preserving the beer than bottles. They block the light better and they seal better. In either case though, the dates should not be seen as an 'it's fine' date, you should always try to consume beer as young as possible, and if say you buy a crate with six months expiry on it, it will not be as good towards the end of that. Oh, and always pour out from a can to get a better mixing, apparently not so key with a bottle but still recommended.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back