Canon EOS550D Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipeisafc

Striker
A mate of mine has just bought himself a Canon EOS 550D with the standard kit len (18-55 I think) and he is after a telephoto to go along with it (something like a 70-200 or 70-300) any suggestions or recommendations?

A mate of mine has just bought himself a Canon EOS 550D with the standard kit len (18-55 I think) and he is after a telephoto to go along with it (something like a 70-200 or 70-300) any suggestions or recommendations?

Depends how much you want to spend, I have a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM which I bought second hand for £500, it is a magnificent lens. Any of the Canon L series will do the job

Saw some good advice recently about buying lenses, maybe not 100% true all of the time but worth bearing in mind.

The cost of a lens is what you pay for it, minus what you sell it for.

Lenses made by 3rd parties like Sigma are often very good but don't have anything like the resale value of those made by the original manufacturer (esp if Nikon, Canon or other high end name).

Worth bearing in mind anyway. Have a look on ebay at the prices that lenses go for second hand before making a decision.

check out the Canon 55-250is, it can be had second hand for around £120 - £130. Excellent quality for the price, lightweight too for carrying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back