Canon 8-15mm fisheye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonz

Striker
Long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has one of these I could rent over the bank holiday weekend? Also willing to buy if you're looking to sell.

2 fisheyes here, but no Canon ones (Tokina and Sigma). Not that I could spare one anyway, so I'm not much help!

2 fisheyes here, but no Canon ones (Tokina and Sigma). Not that I could spare one anyway, so I'm not much help!
Currently using a Sigma 15mm, but want something a lot wider for some of the shots I'm looking to do.

Thanks for nothing!

My Sigma is 8mm prime, Tokina is nicer (less lens flares although slightly more CA), but that's only a 10-17.

It's AF in theory, but in practice it is set manual and taped at 1.5 metres and everything beyond that is in focus anyway (f8). I use on a cropped sensor, but it will work on full frame, fairly sure you get a full circle image on there (obviously with black border outside that).

With such short focal lengths AF largely becomes irrelevant.

It's AF in theory, but in practice it is set manual and taped at 1.5 metres and everything beyond that is in focus anyway (f8). I use on a cropped sensor, but it will work on full frame, fairly sure you get a full circle image on there (obviously with black border outside that).

With such short focal lengths AF largely becomes irrelevant.
Got myself a second hand one on one of the UK Buy/Sell Facebook groups. Mental how wide it goes - it doesn't even fill the sensor when it's at 8mm. Just what I'm after...

Got what I needed in the end. Started playing around with it today - pretty excited about what kind of shots I could get with this.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Its great being able to see what is behind you when you take photos.

You should see the looks I sometimes get when I tell people they are still in the shot and need to move further!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back