Canon 550d and IPad

Can anybody suggest what cable I need to connect and download photos from Canon 550D direct to Ipad Pro please?

Hoping to take my camera with me when I go on cruise to Norway soon, is it possible to transfer photos from the camera direct to iPad or will it be a case of waiting until return home to download photographs?

I don't know if you would be able to do that directly and the USB port on my 550D is dead so can't do any testing for you!

However, something like this

should work in theory if you take the card out of the camera and read it using the card reader. (I suspect you will probably need to save jpg files on the camera for the iPad to read them as it may not decode the RAW ones)

I don't know if you would be able to do that directly and the USB port on my 550D is dead so can't do any testing for you!

However, something like this

should work in theory if you take the card out of the camera and read it using the card reader. (I suspect you will probably need to save jpg files on the camera for the iPad to read them as it may not decode the RAW ones)

Thanks Roger!

Will give that a try. I will have my iPhone with me for taking quick photos, but there are times when I feel nothing beats an SLR!

Hoping to get some good sea/coastal shots and northern lights night stuff.

Thanks Roger!

Will give that a try. I will have my iPhone with me for taking quick photos, but there are times when I feel nothing beats an SLR!

Hoping to get some good sea/coastal shots and northern lights night stuff.

A while since I had a 550D, but can you use Canon Connect and view the images wirelessly?

Back