Canny cops

General Zod

Striker
Apologies if there's another thread on this but caught a bit on iplayer. Its like the north east version of the wire. Episode 2 is on tv tonight. Is Horden really that much of a shit hole?

Been watching these and it's depressing as hell viewing, but fascinating at the same time. The aerial shots they show of the coastline are superb. Places like Seaham, Dawdon, Easington Colliery & Horden are in fantastic locations but will never fully realise their potential (I know the Vane Tempest end of Seaham has moved on a bit) while the drugs problems are escalating like they are. When you listen to the Durham Police, it seems "the coast" is called out as a real problem area within their ranks.

Been watching these and it's depressing as hell viewing, but fascinating at the same time. The aerial shots they show of the coastline are superb. Places like Seaham, Dawdon, Easington Colliery & Horden are in fantastic locations but will never fully realise their potential (I know the Vane Tempest end of Seaham has moved on a bit) while the drugs problems are escalating like they are. When you listen to the Durham Police, it seems "the coast" is called out as a real problem area within their ranks.
Watched it last night, the heroin problem in the old pit villages seems to have escalated. The smack rat that had the bloke die outside her house continued using (Ashlea I think she was called), I cant see her lasting the year if she doesn't sort herself out. Reese was a card mind, was glad to see he'd started seeing NA but can he truly leave that life behind ?
I see heroin addicts pretty much as a lost cause, as that chap said at the start of the program "they'll take your eyes and come back for the sockets".

Thanks for the heads up on this. I’m gonna give this a go.

I lived in horden for year just behind the big club. I liked it there but then I lived in Shotton and Peterlee (just off essington way) so Horden was posh to me

“Im strickly dickly” did make me laugh
I did laugh at that. Other times I didnt know whether to laugh, feel embarrassed or despair.
Watched it last night, the heroin problem in the old pit villages seems to have escalated. The smack rat that had the bloke die outside her house continued using (Ashlea I think she was called), I cant see her lasting the year if she doesn't sort herself out. Reese was a card mind, was glad to see he'd started seeing NA but can he truly leave that life behind ?
I see heroin addicts pretty much as a lost cause, as that chap said at the start of the program "they'll take your eyes and come back for the sockets".

Aye, very few manage to turn themselves round unfortunately.

Last edited:
Watched it last night, frightening that people actually live like this not too far away. Some of them were like the walking dead......

But as long as the judicial service is like it is these people will always exist. 100’s and 100’s of convictions between them but often fuck all consequences

Back