Cannabis to be legalised in Germany from next month

I get that they give people pleasure but you should also think about the people who have utterly shit lives and depend on a fix to make it even a little better, as well as those that have better circumstances and just enjoy a bit of a smoke.
Why are you using cannabis as an example when gambling and drinking fixes are a lot worse?

I fear many that are against it on here are middle aged men who are still stuck in the past and have had zero experience with it. The only experience is always down to someone else that it’s “fucked up”. I know plenty of people that’s fucked up from gambling and drinking, yet I know none that are from smoking cannabis, and yes I know a lot that have done it for donkeys years and are still in a better position than those I know that have the other two vices.

Why are you using cannabis as an example when gambling and drinking fixes are a lot worse?

I fear many that are against it on here are middle aged men who are still stuck in the past and have had zero experience with it. The only experience is always down to someone else that it’s “fucked up”. I know plenty of people that’s fucked up from gambling and drinking, yet I know none that are from smoking cannabis, and yes I know a lot that have done it for donkeys years and are still in a better position than those I know that have the other two vices.

His points have been all over the place, to be honest. Wonder if he sheds a tear every time he sips the glass of wine or pint he professes to enjoying, as he thinks of all the rock bottom alcoholics stealing and begging to fuel their habit. Or all the people up and down the country every week in a&e due to alcohol related fighting, accidents, road collisions etc (one very valid point of discussion he mentions is drug driving were cannabis to be legalised).

His points have been all over the place, to be honest. Wonder if he sheds a tear every time he sips the glass of wine or pint he professes to enjoying, as he thinks of all the rock bottom alcoholics stealing and begging to fuel their habit. Or all the people up and down the country every week in a&e due to alcohol related fighting, accidents, road collisions etc (one very valid point of discussion he mentions is drug driving were cannabis to be legalised).
I’m glad at least one person agrees ankut the dangers of increased drug driving.

The reason we aren’t discussing the dangers and horrors of drink and gambling addiction on this thread is that it is about cannabis. Perhaps you missed that point in your eagerness to slate me.

Of course I am sympathetic towards people with such addictions and their families, but that is an entirely different subject.

Drug takers are notoriously defensive when their illegal habits ever get questioned, as can be seen throughout this thread. 😀

I am also sat currently typing this in Hannover, Germany. I’ve had many conversations around the thread’s specific subject this week.

But you know best….

Last edited:
I’m glad at least one person agrees ankut the dangers of increased drug driving.

The reason we aren’t discussing the dangers and horrors of drink and gambling addiction on this thread is that it is about cannabis. Perhaps you missed that point in your eagerness to slate me.

Of course I am sympathetic towards people with such addictions and their families, but that is an entirely different subject.

Drug takers are notoriously defensive when their illegal habits ever get questioned, as can be seen throughout this thread. 😀

I am also sat currently typing this in Hannover, Germany. I’ve had many conversations around the thread’s specific subject this week.

But you know best….
But you’re mention drug driving that’s clearly cocaine and the likes, on a thread about cannabis.

But you know best….
Oooh have you tried any? Can they smoke it indoors in like a coffee shop?

But you know best….

Why would I be keen to slate you? You seem to have a bit of an issue with people criticising your viewpoints.

Yes the thread is about cannabis, however it is interesting to observe logical inconsistencies between people's stance on substance dangers depending on legal status.

I've lived where it was legal and I'm currently not breaking the law consuming it in the UK. Great that you've had some conversations in Germany mind, however not quite some authoritative 1 up you probably thought.

Last edited:
There we are then. :)

Was that quote not in response to a condescending "But you know best..."? based on you having a few conversations in Germany about something I am actually prescribed by a medical professional? Again, there is very little logic or ability to follow your own argument. If that is what you class as being 'slated', then you would have to concede you've slated me multiple times already with little condescending and passive aggressive replies, or are just very sensitive.

I've noticed when you struggle to debate points, you seem to just disregard the entire message and look for a way to deflect. I don't see why you've bothered engaging at all. I've been respectful and open to debate points you've made, whereas you've looked to deflect and shut down debate, often with passive aggression, sarcasm or condescension - only looking to reignite it when somebody points out that is what you're doing.

Have a good day. Hopefully you don't feel too sore from being intellectually manhandled by a load of stoned people in this thread :).

Last edited:

Spot on. The smoking spliff thing is as old hat as drinking a pint of Ale at the bar to current 19 year olds...its 'old man'. Modern cannabis users who have a healthy proactive government smoke without tobacco and in many cases eat the cannabis and don't smoke. So virtually no side effects. 50% of the UK prison population committed their crime while drunk. Madness to compare the two.

Back