Cannabis to be legalised in Germany from next month

I'm not sure it is illogical and I certainly don't think it is silly.

It is silly - you linked legality and safety, then when I asked about the safety of it in countries where it isn't illegal, you deflected to talking about creosote.

Where in the world has approved creosote from medicinal or recreational consumption? As that is what cannabis is specifically being legalized in many places for.

There are potential harms with it, of course. But your argument is quite strange and lacking strong logic tbh mate.

It is silly - you linked legality and safety, then when I asked about the safety of it in countries where it isn't illegal, you deflected to talking about creosote.

Where in the world has approved creosote from medicinal or recreational consumption? As that is what cannabis is specifically being legalized in many places for.

There are potential harms with it, of course. But your argument is quite strange and lacking strong logic tbh mate.
I haven't deflected or stated creosote was ever for medicinal or recreational consumption. I stated that cannabis is harmful and therefore illegal. Same as creosote. It's an important point that cannabis is harmful and, as you have shown clearly, is often forgotten about.

It is a perfectly logical argument. Whether you consider it silly or not is of course up to you.

I haven't deflected or stated creosote was ever for medicinal or recreational consumption.

Comparing creosote to an ingestible substance, prescribed in this country for medicinal use, is a deflection.

Using legality to attempt to highlight harm "That's why it's illegal", followed by "I agree with your statement that legality isn't a great barometer for harm" is not a deflection, but it's poor logic.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "As you have clearly shown, is often forgotten about", considering my penultimate sentence of the post you replied to states "There are potential harms with it, of course". Again, you don't even seem to be following your own argument particularly well.

I haven't deflected or stated creosote was ever for medicinal or recreational consumption. I stated that cannabis is harmful and therefore illegal. Same as creosote. It's an important point that cannabis is harmful and, as you have shown clearly, is often forgotten about.

It is a perfectly logical argument. Whether you consider it silly or not is of course up to you.
Everything is harmful if you have enough of it.

Comparing creosote to an ingestible substance, prescribed in this country for medicinal use, is a deflection.

Using legality to attempt to highlight harm "That's why it's illegal", followed by "I agree with your statement that legality isn't a great barometer for harm" is not a deflection, but it's poor logic.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "As you have clearly shown, is often forgotten about", considering my penultimate sentence of the post you replied to states "There are potential harms with it, of course". Again, you don't even seem to be following your own argument particularly well.
OK mate. Hope you have a great Tuesday.
Everything is harmful if you have enough of it.
Good point. What about common sense though? Quite a bit of it lacking in some of the posts on here. :)

Mostly just yours tbh.
Thanks for your input. I hope you have had a great Easter.
My posts are there for anybody to read, typed without drugs.
Aw mate I'd called a truce with you, but your argument is all over the place when you are calling people out for lacking common sense when basically you've got no 1st hand experience of it .
Surely you're not saying that a person needs to have taken drugs in order to recognise the dangers they pose?

I get that they give people pleasure but you should also think about the people who have utterly shit lives and depend on a fix to make it even a little better, as well as those that have better circumstances and just enjoy a bit of a smoke.

Last edited:
Mine are also there for anybody to read, typed while in a nice place after a few tokes. You seem to be worrying about things that haven't happened like the driving. No matter what is said by anyone you won't change your opinion even though you have no experience of cannabis apart from what you decide to read.

Mine are also there for anybody to read, typed while in a nice place after a few tokes. You seem to be worrying about things that haven't happened like the driving. No matter what is said by anyone you won't change your opinion even though you have no experience of cannabis apart from what you decide to read.
I've read the drug driving statistics. That's enough for me.

I don't need to smoke weed to know it is harmful and dangerous for others.

I think we've covered our ground. I respect your well-made arguments and I obviously disagree with some of them.

Surely you're not saying that a person needs to have taken drugs in order to recognise the dangers they pose?

I get that they give people pleasure but you should also think about the people who have utterly shit lives and depend on a fix to make it even a little better, as well as those that have better circumstances and just enjoy a bit of a smoke.
You keep using the term drugs and so you're putting it in a bracket with Heroin, cocaine crack cocaine, LSD, the list could ho on and on. It's a lazy argument.

I've read the drug driving statistics. That's enough for me.

I don't need to smoke weed to know it is harmful and dangerous for others.

I think we've covered our ground. I respect your well-made arguments and I obviously disagree with some of them.
Yet again what is the % of cannabis compared to say cocaine in these driving statistics?

You keep using the term drugs and so you're putting it in a bracket with Heroin, cocaine crack cocaine, LSD, the list could ho on and on. It's a lazy argument.

Cannabis is an illegal drug. Do you disagree?

Cannabis impairs reactions. Do you disagree?

The Road Traffic Act 1988 states is illegal to drive above a specified threshold of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in the blood. Do you disagree?

There is a mandatory disqualification period of 12 months if caught driving above the threshold. There is no equivalent of a rehabilition course as there is for drink driving. Do you disagree?

I'm just struggling to see why that is a lazy argument.

The Road Traffic Act 1988 states is illegal to drive above a specified threshold of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in the blood. Do you disagree?

There is a mandatory disqualification period of 12 months if caught driving above the threshold. There is no equivalent of a rehabilition course as there is for drink driving. Do you disagree?

If anything I just hope that this thread helps any drink / drug dirvers who weren't aware of the limits and penalties.

Last edited:

If anything I just hope that this thread helps any drink / drug dirvers who weren't aware of the limits and penalties.
Well done, Google is your friend. Its illegal in this country but not in others. Do you agree?
Depends on the reaction you're looking for. Do you agree?
People have lost their license and livelihood through cannabis tests ,when where they took it it was legal to do so days and weeks after taking cannabis. Do yo agree with this?

We're talking about cannabis, man, you're on about crack or something! :lol:
OK mate. I mean it’s obvious you see no difference so let’s leave it there eh? I won’t be responding.
Well done, Google is your friend. Its illegal in this country but not in others. Do you agree?
Depends on the reaction you're looking for. Do you agree?
People have lost their license and livelihood through cannabis tests ,when where they took it it was legal to do so days and weeks after taking cannabis. Do yo agree with this?
I note you didn’t address any of the points I made.

This is getting futile.

Have a good week.

(Last word is yours obviously)

Last edited:

Back