Cancelling Virgin Media

Try going through upgrade, there always on. Then tell them your problem and ask them to put you through to the right department. Works for me, done it a few times.

Just got a nice email to say they're putting the bills up from £41 to £83 - sat on hold waiting to get through to the callcentre for an hour and it just went off.

Anyone know if there's a way to cancel it online/any other way?

If you want to cancel then you have to phone and expect a massive wait and piss about at the best of times. In contrast if you want to recommend a new customer there is a nice simple little form on the website to do this !

Just got a nice email to say they're putting the bills up from £41 to £83 - sat on hold waiting to get through to the callcentre for an hour and it just went off.

Anyone know if there's a way to cancel it online/any other way?
You have to ring up I think, there's no online easy way. I've just cancelled mine, its was £84 per month in our lasses name. I've rejoined in my name and got the same package but with 300mb Internet instead of 200mb for £50 per month and £100 cashback. I got the deal from Currys when I bought stuff

You have to ring up I think, there's no online easy way. I've just cancelled mine, its was £84 per month in our lasses name. I've rejoined in my name and got the same package but with 300mb Internet instead of 200mb for £50 per month and £100 cashback. I got the deal from Currys when I bought stuff

Rang three times, each time sat on hold for 30-40 mins, and they've ended the call without answering.
If you want to cancel then you have to phone and expect a massive wait and piss about at the best of times. In contrast if you want to recommend a new customer there is a nice simple little form on the website to do this !

If you want to change your package you can on the website easily - but that's only if you want to add things on. There's literally no way to remove anything/cancel without phoning them, and they've essentially just closed their call centers.

Tempted to just cancel the direct debit once contract is up - but heard this can affect credit score as you haven't agreed to leave etc.

Last edited:
Only thing with cancelling at his time - won’t the lockdown impact getting your new broadband fitted?

We are meant to be getting vodafone in on 3rd April to install our new broadband - no idea if this will go ahead.

It's just a daft game they play every 12 months.
Bill goes up ,You have to ring for a deal (It's a chew on)
Every time I ring to cancel they take whatever the increase was and make it cheaper.
Everyone should pay the same price existing customers and new.
you wouldn't goto asda and pay a quid for a tin of beans the bloke got infront of You for 50p.
i did have a fart on last time I rang to get a new deal ,It did the same thing cut off after being on hold for about 40 mins.
I eventually got through by ringing when everyone was going to get their kids from school(but you can't do that)
You'll just have to keep ringing,even if they charge you extra for a month they'll offer to take that off aswell.

When I considered signing up wiith Talk Talk, the website said they'd look after cancelling your existing supplier for you. Not that I'd trust Talk Talk to do it but worth looking into.

When I considered signing up wiith Talk Talk, the website said they'd look after cancelling your existing supplier for you. Not that I'd trust Talk Talk to do it but worth looking into.

Vodafone said the same to me, they also mentioned that virgin are the only company they can’t do that for :lol:

I called them a month ago and told them to sling their hook, we were paying £80 for the same service as Sky who were only £39. It was all done and dusted by the beginning of this week and we're delighted with Sky. It didn't take an hour to get through mind 6 or 7 minutes at the most.

Can't get through to them because there's no one in the callcentres and it says expect at least an hour wait

They just disconnect you after 45mins. If you go on their twitter page everyone says that this happens (and it happened to me).
My bill for broadband only has gone up to £49.90 and I can't get to speak to anyone to see if I can get a new deal (Moneysupermarket have a link where you can get it for £24/month on a 12 month contract).

Back