Can you MOT a car with body damage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paninaro

Midfield
Mrs has pranged her car this morning. It is driveable but cracked the bumper and grill (she went into the back of a tow bar on a truck) - it is due in for MOT tomorrow, will I need to get bodywork fixed first or can it still be MOTd ?

Cheers in advance

Body work does not feature in the test unless its critical, yours inst so nowt to worry about

9/10 if its cracked it will. If it causes additional risk to other road users or pedestrians (falling off, further injury if struck etc etc) then I'm afraid it's a fail

Body work does not feature in the test unless its critical, yours inst so nowt to worry about
General condition?

9/10 if its cracked it will. If it causes additional risk to other road users or pedestrians (falling off, further injury if struck etc etc) then I'm afraid it's a fail

General condition?
The test mostly concentrates on the running gear, brakes, wheels, chassis, tyres, exhaust, pipes

Mrs has pranged her car this morning. It is driveable but cracked the bumper and grill (she went into the back of a tow bar on a truck) - it is due in for MOT tomorrow, will I need to get bodywork fixed first or can it still be MOTd ?

Cheers in advance
Dents no prob,rough edges or sharp bits sticking out yes

Cheers in advance

Here's a good link for preparing your car for an MOT.

Damaged bodywork can also cause an MOT failure if it is likely to result in damage or injury to other road users, including pedestrians – so make sure that there are no nasty jagged exposed edges.

The wife's 17 and smooth all over
she was 17 in the 80s :)

managed to tuck the hanging edge back into w hole on the bumper, bloke at MOT place said it wouldnt fail the way it is so have left it there - may fail when he opens the bonnet and the grill falls out like but will wait and see :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back