Can we have a poll to gauge where SMB stands on this appointment?

I think most who wanted rid of Ross (me included at the end) never thought we would end up going backwards with his successor!
I will reserve judgement on this - if only because I can't see anything worse than a team having a wobbly keeper, a vacant defence, a headless midfield, a toothless strike force, no observable plan, a team selection policy that seemed to use a roulette wheel and a manager who seemed incapable of making a positive team talk or substitution!

If Parkinson can get them playing as an organised team that would be a major leap forward.

I think most who wanted rid of Ross (me included at the end) never thought we would end up going backwards with his successor!
I don't understand why people couldn't see this coming. It was almost inevitable. It was one of the reasons I was half supporting Ross, and only voted get rid after the 75% out vote and the loss to Lincoln, It made me realise that he'd lost the vast majority and there was no way back. However, I supporting him because I thought we might get someone who the fans wouldn't like.

And lo it came to pass.

simply put Parkinson... Yes or No??

It would be interesting reading!

@Keith S30S
Only 4% out of 4,000 wanted him on the Echo poll recently so that's only about 160-200ish. Obviously now Parkinson's in then opinion of Yes or No may change but it will be less than 50% IMO.

Over 4.000 supporters registered their votes in total, with an overwhelming number hoping to see Pearson and Phillips take the job. On Twitter, 62% voted for the pair - who previously worked together at Leicester City - while on Facebook a staggering 96% indicated the duo would be their preference.

Phil Parkinson remains the comfortable favourite with the bookmakers, but only 4% of fans were keen to see him appointed.

Now he's in, surely we've got to give Parkinson a few months before writing him off given owt could happen? I've a feeling the first few games may turn out class for us with straight wins (and clean sheets) but I don't class that as new manager bounce. I sometimes feel that players being freed from an old manager, in our case Ross is the reason that influences the results rather than a new manager, Parkinson who will have little influence over them to begin with.

I call it the 'old manager's gone' bounce as players are in a period between an old manager that they didn't perform for and the new one that doesn't have much control over them. So the players basically just enjoy their 'freedom' and more often than not put a bit more effort in. If the new manager comes in and doesn't use this to his benefit then performances then suffer. I think the biggest and most recent example of this is Solskjaer at Man Utd. It was more that Mourihno was gone rather than Solskjaer with his new manager bounce.

As we know it's the longer term results that will show if Parkinson was the right decision or not, hopefully it is! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Parkinson wont play the West Ham way! NuCassul united fans deserve better football than Phil Parkinson will serve up.

Sunderland fans aren't wankers and so this may be the perfect appointment for us. Get us winning and get out of this league and we will laid him for it.

HAWAY Phil man.

This thread's gorn ter pot. I'm tarkin Khmer Rouge, not Graham.
Phil Parkinson wont play the West Ham way! NuCassul united fans deserve better football than Phil Parkinson will serve up.

Sunderland fans aren't wankers and so this may be the perfect appointment for us. Get us winning and get out of this league and we will laid him for it.

HAWAY Phil man.
I quite like him, but I'll arnly gan see far....

Last edited:

Back