Can we catch the top two?

Turning into an enjoyable season. Could not have predicted this on Boxing Day that for certain.
Will be confident of a top two place if we either win at least one of next two or even don’t lose either game.

Turning into an enjoyable season. Could not have predicted this on Boxing Day that for certain.
Will be confident of a top two place if we either win at least one of next two or even don’t lose either game.

thats a big call marra... i've said 3 from 6 is a MINIMUM we need. Which 3, i dont really care as we all hate that C*NT Barton as much as we do Coventry. The other big game tomorrow as well is Rotherham v Cov, so hoping that would be a draw or a Rotherham win. Either way, Sunday is gonna be a massive game and a possible 1st v 2nd in League 1.

After Cov, we host Gillingham on 7 March at home, who are also beaten in 14 IIRC. Gotta be on our guard. We need 6 from 9, but im hopeful of 7. Thats a W-D-W in that order but i'll take D-W-W as well

thats a big call marra... i've said 3 from 6 is a MINIMUM we need. Which 3, i dont really care as we all hate that C*NT Barton as much as we do Coventry. The other big game tomorrow as well is Rotherham v Cov, so hoping that would be a draw or a Rotherham win. Either way, Sunday is gonna be a massive game and a possible 1st v 2nd in League 1.

After Cov, we host Gillingham on 7 March at home, who are also beaten in 14 IIRC. Gotta be on our guard. We need 6 from 9, but im hopeful of 7. Thats a W-D-W in that order but i'll take D-W-W as well

SoT has this bang on.

We've every chance of automatic promotion - it's going to take a slip from those above but it's achievable! Those at the top will be looking very nervously over their shoulders at present...

Should we fail to manage top 2 and have to navigate the play offs, I think we'll be a totally different animal to last seasons rather limp effort.

You have the momentum and appears the luck is also going your way.
As you know often a club hits that form just at the right time. Plenty of winnable fixtures, just have to sort your own results first and foremost.
Keep going mate.

Momentum is so important and for the the first time in years, it feels like we are going to win every match. That won't happen, obviously, but I'd be surprised if we didn't make the top two

Let's hope that our run of form has arrived at the right time and continues!

For us it’s ours to throw away. Been up towards the top all season.
Got through our tough fixtures January and February intact, despite an injury crisis and two key forwards recalled.
The bench now is incredibly strong, only Cheltenham at home towards the end of the season and no other teams to play in the top 8.
We are not even at our best at present however with improving pitches and this awful wind subsiding we need to start getting back to our best. I want to believe and of course I do but Swindon always kick you in the bollocks.
12 more games to go and 7 wins in my opinion for promotion.

For us it’s ours to throw away. Been up towards the top all season.
Got through our tough fixtures January and February intact, despite an injury crisis and two key forwards recalled.
The bench now is incredibly strong, only Cheltenham at home towards the end of the season and no other teams to play in the top 8.
We are not even at our best at present however with improving pitches and this awful wind subsiding we need to start getting back to our best. I want to believe and of course I do but Swindon always kick you in the bollocks.
12 more games to go and 7 wins in my opinion for promotion.

You're nailed on mate.....can't see anyone stopping you now. I get the " this is Swindon and they'll find a way to snatch failure from the jaws of success"......heaven knows,we're the same!.......but, it's looking good for you.
As for us, we're doing ok,those above us are bound to be looking over their shoulder,but I'd be a lot happier if we had a nailed on goalscorer up top. Wyke got one Saturday,but he needs to follow that up with more. If he/we can't find that,
it'll likely be play-offs for us again!:mad:

Rotherham look stronger than Coventry, who often manage to win, by just a single goal margin.
Ideally, I'd like to see Coventry drop out of the top six, but I think they'll make the play offs.
So the stronger side is the one that loses the occasional game because they sometimes win by more goals?

We have only lost once to the sides in the top half. We have only lost 3 league games all season. We are now winning away when we hadn't won away until after Christmas. We have win 9 and drawn 2 in last 11.

We are also playing good football.

So the stronger side is the one that loses the occasional game because they sometimes win by more goals?

We have only lost once to the sides in the top half. We have only lost 3 league games all season. We are now winning away when we hadn't won away until after Christmas. We have win 9 and drawn 2 in last 11.

From the little bit I've seen of the two sides, imo, Rotherham look stronger than Coventry.
It's just my opinion, and nothing to wet your knickers over.

From the little bit I've seen of the two sides, imo, Rotherham look stronger than Coventry.
It’s the internet HC, knicker wetting is par for the course sadly.

Imagine being on another teams forum and hoying your toys out the pram when someone has a different opinion on your team:lol:, will never understand the mentality tbh

There's a site u can predict the results and see the table end of season.

I've got:

Coventry
Sunderland
----------------
Rotherham
Peterborough
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
----------------
Wycombe
Ipswich

Reckon Playoffs will be interesting either way- Peterborough I fancy going up, they can do anyone on their day.

Hopefully we beat you and yer might fuck off

Hopefully we beat you and yer might fuck off
Not here because we are better than you. Or do you mean something else?
Must mean you have no chance against Rotherham. Have seen each game between our clubs. Even your own supporters know the truth between our games.

But there every game is normally different. Wouldn't expect us to outplay you like we have done so far, especially at your place last season.

Last edited:
Not here because we are better than you. Or do you mean something else?

Must mean you have no chance against Rotherham. Have seen each game between our clubs. Even your own supporters know the truth between our games.

But there every game is normally different. Wouldn't expect us to outplay you like we have done so far, especially at your place last season.
Christ, can you not just fuck off now?Absolute f***ing fruit loop.

Back