Can I ask in important question regarding myself about mental health ?..

That’s out of order the quack should review any tablets at least after 6 months and with new ones after a month.
I agree mate . Going to try and get an appointment soon wish is luck on that
That's a serious amount of alcohol for what you say is not a huge session. And coke's dangerous because it makes you feel sober, so you end up drinking more than you realise.
I know mate , all depends on what you class as a nig session though, like a day and a half of abusing drink and drugs is a horrible session which I've done in the past , but not for ages now

Last edited:

Never yet

Head's still poorly like , wouldn't say it was a huge session in terms of drink about 10 pints ,few vodkas ,then half a gram
There isn't any direct interaction between cocaine and Sertraline, but but both increase how much serotonin is flying round your brain and can increase the chances of serotonin syndrome.
Also mixing cocaine and alcohol increases it's potency by making cocaethylene so there's even more serotonin and dopamine are washing around in your brain meaning when you stop, the rebound effects of the comedown comedown will likely be worse.
Mixing, drink, cocaine and antidepressants mean the following days will be worse than a comedown or hangover by themselves.

There isn't any direct interaction between cocaine and Sertraline, but but both increase how much serotonin is flying round your brain and can increase the chances of serotonin syndrome.
Also mixing cocaine and alcohol increases it's potency by making cocaethylene so there's even more serotonin and dopamine are washing around in your brain meaning when you stop, the rebound effects of the comedown comedown will likely be worse.
Mixing, drink, cocaine and antidepressants mean the following days will be worse than a comedown or hangover by themselves.
Thanks mate, can serotonin syndrome be permanent?

It's just like literally I don't know where else or who to ask, who might of had a similar experience.

So I have now a few times (stupid I know) used cocaine while I've been taking antidepressants, and it's made me feel absolutely terrible last few days.

Like I say anyone had a similar experience,it's not nice and I'm not a big user of cocaine by any means , never really touch it at all, once in a blue moon, but like I say the odd time I have had it while on these tablets, not great I know but , I dont know just wondering if anyone's done similar.

The tablets I've been on for about 1 year and a half now, and now and again il have a blow out on the drink ,and it usually is just drink (quite a lot) I know alcohol doesn't mix great with them either tbf, but when you're that drunk you can often make bad decisions and end up having that (cocaine ) .

It Was Sunday last time I had the mix of drink ,drugs and anti depressants together and let me tell you it'll be my last .

Anyone got any input or similar experiences?
As I know this board is great and supportive normally when regarding mental health
Hi mate I have sent you a pm.

I have done exactly the same in the past. I have used drink to mask my problems for years.

I have also used cocaine on top of drink and antidepressant tablets such as sertraline fluoxetine etc.

Takes me away from my problems for the night but next day. Magnified by ten.

Don’t beat yourself up about it. I used to hate myself. But I found if I spoke to me wife my brother or whoever you have close to you then it helps.

It’s not as if you have done something wrong or hurt anyone so jilt forget about it and move on to the next day. Sorry for saying it but it’s likely you will do it again.

I have found that only drinking when I’m in a good mood helps.

I fail myself every so often and do the same thing.

Take care mate.

Love rhubarb. X

I have done exactly the same in the past. I have used drink to mask my problems for years.

I have also used cocaine on top of drink and antidepressant tablets such as sertraline fluoxetine etc.

Don’t beat yourself up about it. I used to hate myself. But I found if I spoke to me wife my brother or whoever you have close to you then it helps.

It’s not as if you have done something wrong or hurt anyone so jilt forget about it and move on to the next day. Sorry for saying it but it’s likely you will do it again.

Take care mate.

Love rhubarb. X
Cheers pal will reply

Just want to add to the great posts above to say I hope you're on the right track again mate. I've never been on anti depressants but I've had some horrific comedowns over the years, and especially when your heads not in a good place to begin with it doesn't half mess you up.

As clichéd as it sounds, the best choice I ever made was ditching the gear and getting stuck into the gym. There was plenty times in the past I'd tried to cut the sessions out, but then eventually I'd end up on the drink and getting a packet in... But having the gym in the morning would give me the reason to call it a night early and be fresh for the morning. Its been that long now that I genuinely just have no interest in taking it anymore, but at one point my entire life revolved around raves and drugs.

Like I say its a bit of a cliché to suggest replacing a sniff with a gym session , but a wider lifestyle change was exactly what I needed. Would really recommend you find something you enjoy - gym, swimming, 5 a side, running, whatever... really helped me and might work for you too bud

Just want to add to the great posts above to say I hope you're on the right track again mate. I've never been on anti depressants but I've had some horrific comedowns over the years, and especially when your heads not in a good place to begin with it doesn't half mess you up.

As clichéd as it sounds, the best choice I ever made was ditching the gear and getting stuck into the gym. There was plenty times in the past I'd tried to cut the sessions out, but then eventually I'd end up on the drink and getting a packet in... But having the gym in the morning would give me the reason to call it a night early and be fresh for the morning. Its been that long now that I genuinely just have no interest in taking it anymore, but at one point my entire life revolved around raves and drugs.

Like I say its a bit of a cliché to suggest replacing a sniff with a gym session , but a wider lifestyle change was exactly what I needed. Would really recommend you find something you enjoy - gym, swimming, 5 a side, running, whatever... really helped me and might work for you too bud
Cheers pal, I just seen this, thanks for the advice taken onboard. I'm feeling a little better like, one of the reasons I am is because I haven't touched that ,(I won't again tbh after the last few weeks ,the way I've felt ) and I haven't had a drink for nearly 3 weeks . Think that's helped

Take care mate.

Love rhubarb. X
Brilliant advice.

All you can do is learn from it, don't beat yourself up.
you know now that come downs are going to be worse for you, its up to you to decide if its really worth the night out.
That's a serious amount of alcohol for what you say is not a huge session. And coke's dangerous because it makes you feel sober, so you end up drinking more than you realise.
Not really living up to your username there mate.

It's just like literally I don't know where else or who to ask, who might of had a similar experience.

So I have now a few times (stupid I know) used cocaine while I've been taking antidepressants, and it's made me feel absolutely terrible last few days.

Like I say anyone had a similar experience,it's not nice and I'm not a big user of cocaine by any means , never really touch it at all, once in a blue moon, but like I say the odd time I have had it while on these tablets, not great I know but , I dont know just wondering if anyone's done similar.

The tablets I've been on for about 1 year and a half now, and now and again il have a blow out on the drink ,and it usually is just drink (quite a lot) I know alcohol doesn't mix great with them either tbf, but when you're that drunk you can often make bad decisions and end up having that (cocaine ) .

It Was Sunday last time I had the mix of drink ,drugs and anti depressants together and let me tell you it'll be my last .

Anyone got any input or similar experiences?
As I know this board is great and supportive normally when regarding mental health
I had a drink and coke session once when taking Trazadone (SNRI) and it wasn't a good idea whatsoever in terms of physical or mental health. I think I may have had mild serotonin syndrome. It didn't stop me though. The solution was to cold turkey Trazadone so I could continue using recreational drugs. 3 weeks later I killed my marriage as I had no ideas what I was doing in that time due to dissociating.

Last weekend I had MDMA which will be the last time I take any drug (other than alcohol which is currently the most problematic). I wasn't even very high on it (same pure batch of crystals I've been well off it on before), just all the other symptoms of being wrecked were there. I just sat dissociated and it felt like a last time. I've not had great moods since and I don't usually suffer at all.

I can't really add much, but emphasize with what's happened and hope you've been ok since.

The bold part completely resonates with me.

I had a drink and coke session once when taking Trazadone (SNRI) and it wasn't a good idea whatsoever in terms of physical or mental health. I think I may have had mild serotonin syndrome. It didn't stop me though. The solution was to cold turkey Trazadone so I could continue using recreational drugs. 3 weeks later I killed my marriage as I had no ideas what I was doing in that time due to dissociating.

Last weekend I had MDMA which will be the last time I take any drug (other than alcohol which is currently the most problematic). I wasn't even very high on it (same pure batch of crystals I've been well off it on before), just all the other symptoms of being wrecked were there. I just sat dissociated and it felt like a last time. I've not had great moods since and I don't usually suffer at all.

I can't really add much, but emphasize with what's happened and hope you've been ok since.

The bold part completely resonates with me.
Cheers mate , and yes I feel a lot better since then thankfully. I still have a drink sometimes ,good few pints ,but still haven't touched any drug since and I won't in future. Hope you're well

Back